Search file - Help needed please

Thierry B.

Hello,

I'm a newbie and I want writing a perl script.
I explain what I want doing.

Here is my file ref.txt:

A01 /ref/a01.pdf
A02 /ref/a02.pdf
A03 /ref/a03.pdf
etc..

When you enter A01 in the html search page the script open a new
windows with the coresponding pdf file (/ref/a01.pdf).

Could anyone help me please?

Best regards,

Thierry

Paul Lalli

Thierry B. said:
Hello,

I'm a newbie and I want writing a perl script.
I explain what I want doing.

Here is my file ref.txt:

A01 /ref/a01.pdf
A02 /ref/a02.pdf
A03 /ref/a03.pdf
etc..

When you enter A01 in the html search page the script open a new
windows with the coresponding pdf file (/ref/a01.pdf).

Could anyone help me please?

What have you tried so far?

The following documents will be most helpful. If you have not done so
already, read them. Then make an attempt, show us what you have, and we
can probably help correct errors.

perldoc CGI
perldoc -f open
perldoc -f readline
perldoc -f substr
perldoc -f print

Paul Lalli

Thierry B.

Thank you for your help Paul.
I will read the document you suggest and then show what I've done.