Search file - Help needed please

Discussion in 'Perl Misc' started by Thierry B., Nov 18, 2004.

  1. Thierry B.

    Thierry B. Guest

    Hello,

    I'm a newbie and I want writing a perl script.
    I explain what I want doing.

    Here is my file ref.txt:

    A01 /ref/a01.pdf
    A02 /ref/a02.pdf
    A03 /ref/a03.pdf
    etc..

    When you enter A01 in the html search page the script open a new
    windows with the coresponding pdf file (/ref/a01.pdf).

    Could anyone help me please?

    Best regards,

    Thierry

    Thierry B., Nov 18, 2004

  2. Thierry B.

    Paul Lalli Guest

    "Thierry B." <> wrote in message
    > Hello,
    >
    > I'm a newbie and I want writing a perl script.
    > I explain what I want doing.
    >
    > Here is my file ref.txt:
    >
    > A01 /ref/a01.pdf
    > A02 /ref/a02.pdf
    > A03 /ref/a03.pdf
    > etc..
    >
    > When you enter A01 in the html search page the script open a new
    > windows with the coresponding pdf file (/ref/a01.pdf).
    >
    > Could anyone help me please?

    What have you tried so far?

    The following documents will be most helpful. If you have not done so
    already, read them. Then make an attempt, show us what you have, and we
    can probably help correct errors.

    perldoc CGI
    perldoc -f open
    perldoc -f readline
    perldoc -f substr
    perldoc -f print

    Paul Lalli

    Paul Lalli, Nov 18, 2004

  3. Thierry B.

    Thierry B. Guest

    Thank you for your help Paul.
    I will read the document you suggest and then show what I've done.

    Thierry B., Nov 19, 2004