Newbie with .NET Framework installation question / problem ...

rdlebreton

I am trying to get ASP.NET to run on my Win 2000 Pro workstation but
none of the ASPX scripts I have written work. The web server just
spits out the code to my browser as if it doesn't know what to do with
it. I have:

• Windoows 2000 Professional (I am a local administrator)
• IIS 5.0
• MDAC 2.7 SP1 (not important for my examples but many people have
recommended installing it)
• .NET Framework 1.1
• .NET Framework SDK 1.1
• Web Matrix v0.6.812

The ASPX examples I have are little self-contained "Hello World" type
exercises that work on a full blown network server. So, I know they
work but the won't run on my @%&+^% workstation. Am I missing
something?

Checking around I did notice that there are no entries under my ISAPI
filters. There is nothing set up for ASPX, ASAX, etc. files of any
kind. Is this significant?

TIA...*sigh*

Greg Burns

try running C:\WINNT\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\aspnet_iisreg.exe -i

HTH,
Greg

rdlebreton

It's actually "aspnet_regiis.exe" but thanks for the tip all the same!!

*GROAN*
That was so simple.