newpage problem with PostScript::Simple

Discussion in 'Perl Misc' started by Huub, Mar 22, 2007.

  1. Huub

    Huub Guest

    Hi,

    I've written a script to read from MySQL and print to a .ps file. All
    works very well for the first page. If the contents exceeds the first
    page, a new page should be created and the printing should go on. The
    latter doesn't happen: a new page is created but nothing is printed on it.
    When I use eps=1, no newpage is created and the remaining contents is
    printed on top of the page over the existing contents.
    When I use eps=0, a newpage is created, but without the remaining
    contents which just seem to disappear.

    Creating of the document including 1 page:

    my $ps = new PostScript::Simple(papersize => "A4",
    colour => 0,
    eps => 0,
    units => "mm");
    $ps->newpage;
    $ps->setfont("Arial", 10);

    New page is needed:

    <snip>
    if ($ps_line < 27)
    {
    $ps->newpage;
    $ps_line = 280;

    I suppose I do something wrong, and I read "perldoc PostScript::Simple"
    but I still don't know. Thanks for helping.

    Huub

    Huub, Mar 22, 2007