    / v \ http://www.linux-sxs.org
    /( _ )\ Linux 2.4.22-xfs
    ^ ^ 2:44pm up 15:04 1 user 1.01 0.99

    toylet, Feb 21, 2004

  2. toylet

    Hywel Guest

    In article <4036fe56$-cable.com>,
    says...

    > Is there any good newsgroup or news server that talks about php
    > programming? usenet has no group for php and mysql.

    There are loads. My server carries 22 for PHP, and a couple more for
    MySQL.

    --
    Hywel I do not eat quiche
    http://kibo.org.uk/

    Hywel, Feb 21, 2004

  3. toylet

    rf Guest

    "toylet" <> wrote in message

    > Is there any good newsgroup or news server that talks about php
    > programming? usenet has no group for php and mysql.

    There are many people here who know all about PHP.

    Cheers
    Richard.

    rf, Feb 21, 2004
  4. toylet

    Kyle Fox Guest

    On Sat, 21 Feb 2004 14:44:47 +0800, toylet wrote:

    > Is there any good newsgroup or news server that talks about php
    > programming? usenet has no group for php and mysql.

    alt.php
    comp.lang.php

    - Kay

    --
    http://kayfox.org/
    contact info: http://kayfox.org/contact.html

    Kyle Fox, Feb 21, 2004
  5. toylet

    toylet Guest

    do you mind if you gave me a few hot ones? :)

    --
    .~. Might, Courage, Vision. In Linux We Trust.
    / v \ http://www.linux-sxs.org

    toylet, Feb 21, 2004
  6. toylet

    toylet Guest

    seems that my ISP didn't host these two. It's not in the newsgroup list.
    are they usenet?

    --
    .~. Might, Courage, Vision. In Linux We Trust.
    / v \ http://www.linux-sxs.org
    /( _ )\ Linux 2.4.22-xfs
    ^ ^ 5:12pm up 17:32 1 user 1.02 1.01

    toylet, Feb 21, 2004
  7. toylet

    toylet Guest

    but that would be a bit off-topic if I asked here... :)

    > There are many people here who know all about PHP.

    --
    .~. Might, Courage, Vision. In Linux We Trust.
    / v \ http://www.linux-sxs.org
    /( _ )\ Linux 2.4.22-xfs
    ^ ^ 5:14pm up 17:34 0 users 1.08 1.03

    toylet, Feb 21, 2004
  8. toylet

    Hywel Guest

    In article <403720df$-cable.com>,
    says...
    > > There are loads. My server carries 22 for PHP, and a couple more for
    > > MySQL.

    > do you mind if you gave me a few hot ones? :)

    Why don't you try to help yourself and type "PHP" in to your news
    client's group list?

    alt.comp.lang.php
    alt.php
    comp.lang.php

    --
    Hywel I do not eat quiche
    http://kibo.org.uk/

    Hywel, Feb 21, 2004
  9. toylet

    kayodeok Guest

    kayodeok, Feb 21, 2004
  10. toylet

    toylet Guest

    I did, but I never knew whether my ISP carries all usenet newsgrou. SO I
    asked. And then I learnt my ISP really didn't carry all newsgroups.

    --
    .~. Might, Courage, Vision. In Linux We Trust.
    / v \ http://www.linux-sxs.org
    /( _ )\ Linux 2.4.22-xfs
    ^ ^ 6:20pm up 18:40 1 user 1.02 1.00

    toylet, Feb 21, 2004
  11. toylet

    toylet Guest

    allow posting as well? great. many public news servers don't allow posting.

    toylet, Feb 21, 2004
  12. toylet

    toylet Guest

    oops.. needs a username and password...

    --
    .~. Might, Courage, Vision. In Linux We Trust.
    / v \ http://www.linux-sxs.org
    /( _ )\ Linux 2.4.22-xfs
    ^ ^ 6:24pm up 18:44 1 user 1.00 1.00

    toylet, Feb 21, 2004
  13. toylet

    Hywel Guest

    In article <40373130$-cable.com>,
    says...
    > > Why don't you try to help yourself and type "PHP" in to your news
    > > client's group list?
    > >
    > > alt.comp.lang.php
    > > alt.php
    > > comp.lang.php
    > >

    > I did, but I never knew whether my ISP carries all usenet newsgrou. SO I
    > asked. And then I learnt my ISP really didn't carry all newsgroups.

    No ISP carries all groups. Read this:
    http://tinyurl.com/pxx

    --
    Hywel I do not eat quiche
    http://kibo.org.uk/

    Hywel, Feb 21, 2004
  14. toylet wrote:

    [...]
    > Might, Courage, Vision. In Linux We Trust. Linux 2.4.22-xfs
    > 6:24pm up 18:44 1 user 1.00 1.00

    ???

    --
    Toby A Inkster BSc (Hons) ARCS

    Toby A Inkster, Feb 21, 2004
  15. While the city slept, toylet <> feverishly typed:

    > but that would be a bit off-topic if I asked here... :)

    From http://www.alt-html.org (Information for the participants of the
    alt.html Newsgroup): "Just about anything Web related is on topic in
    alt.html however keep in mind that (for example) for JavaScript questions
    you would probably get a better response in a newsgroup specifically aimed
    at JavaScript."

    You might also want to read this;

    How To Post in Newsgroups:
    http://allmyfaqs.com/faq.pl?How_to_post

    Cheers,
    Nige

    --
    Nigel Moss.

    nice.guy.nige, Feb 21, 2004
  16. toylet

    toylet Guest

    > [...]
    >> Might, Courage, Vision. In Linux We Trust. Linux 2.4.22-xfs
    >> 6:24pm up 18:44 1 user 1.00 1.00

    > ???

    ???

    --
    .~. Might, Courage, Vision. In Linux We Trust.
    / v \ http://www.linux-sxs.org
    /( _ )\ Linux 2.4.22-xfs
    ^ ^ 10:46pm up 23:06 1 user 0.97 0.93

    toylet, Feb 21, 2004
  17. toylet

    toylet Guest

    toylet, Feb 21, 2004
  18. toylet

    toylet Guest

    [ot] top-posting

    > No ISP carries all groups. Read this:
    > http://tinyurl.com/pxx

    I don't want to get into the religous debate of top vs bottom posting.
    if your mail reader support top-posting, it's far more efficient when
    writing replies. Save a lot more moust clicks for conservation that uses
    short replies. Trimming of quotes is also easier.

    I think OE doesn't support top-posting yet. Mozilla does. Anyway.

    --
    .~. Might, Courage, Vision. In Linux We Trust.
    / v \ http://www.linux-sxs.org
    /( _ )\ Linux 2.4.22-xfs
    ^ ^ 11:12pm up 23:32 1 user 1.00 1.00

    toylet, Feb 21, 2004
  19. toylet

    Dylan Parry Guest

    Re: [ot] top-posting

    toylet wrote:

    > I think OE doesn't support top-posting yet. Mozilla does. Anyway.

    Huh?

    --
    Dylan Parry
    Now playing: Yes - The Calling (Special Version)

    Dylan Parry, Feb 21, 2004
  20. toylet

    toylet Guest

    Re: [ot] top-posting

    >> I think OE doesn't support top-posting yet. Mozilla does. Anyway.
    >
    > Huh?

    Outlook Express doesn't support top-posting, right? I don't use/trust OE...

    MOzilla support both Top and Bottom posting.

    --
    .~. Might, Courage, Vision. In Linux We Trust.
    / v \ http://www.linux-sxs.org
    /( _ )\ Linux 2.4.22-xfs
    ^ ^ 11:26pm up 23:46 1 user 1.00 1.00

    toylet, Feb 21, 2004