nHibernate & nTier & MVC

John Devlon

Hi,

I'm looking for some information on how to build a asp.net 3.5
webapplication, using nhibernate, mvc and n-tier layers. I'm able to create
database driven asp applications but i would like to go to the next level.
Does anyone have some basic example on how these 3 technologies work
together? Does anyone know a good book or website? Does anyone have some
example code for dummies?

Thanx for your input

John

Gregory A. Beamer

Hi,

I'm looking for some information on how to build a asp.net 3.5
webapplication, using nhibernate, mvc and n-tier layers. I'm able to
create database driven asp applications but i would like to go to the
next level. Does anyone have some basic example on how these 3
technologies work together? Does anyone know a good book or website?
Does anyone have some example code for dummies?

I have not played with the sample, but Palermo usually has some pretty good
samples:
http://code.google.com/p/palermo/

Mr. Arnold

John Devlon said:
Hi,

I'm looking for some information on how to build a asp.net 3.5
webapplication, using nhibernate, mvc and n-tier layers. I'm able to
create database driven asp applications but i would like to go to the next
level. Does anyone have some basic example on how these 3 technologies
work together? Does anyone know a good book or website? Does anyone have
some example code for dummies?

http://www.codeproject.com/KB/aspnet/aspnetmvc_bugtracker_v4.aspx

Myself, I would dump Linq-2-SQL out of the solution and use ADO.NET Entity
Framework, because a EF entity is an implicit serialized data contract to a
WCF Web service, which MS is leveraging as the technology to use in .NET
n-tier solutions.

nHibernate is cool too, but you have to get into Data Transfer Objects.

UI
MVC
Model
WCF
DAL

However, if you use EF and look inside of it at the code for the class and
looking at the [Serializable] attributes the class is using, then you will
see how to make a DTO a serialized contract to WCF so that you can use
nHibernate.

A Web service is always in play with asp.net solutions using n-tier.

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 4268 (20090722) __________

http://www.eset.com