NLP/WordNet in Ruby

Sniper Abandon

Is there any ruby gem/lib for parsing english sentence into individual
parts of speech(like Noun/subject/verb/adjective/adverb/etc)?

for example
1).
sentence1 = "Matz created Ruby"
parse_grammer(sentence1) # =>
{:subject=>["Matz"],:verb=>["created"],:eek:bject=>["Ruby"]}

2).
sentence2 = "David is creating ruby on rails upcoming release version
3.1.beta"

parse_grammer(sentence2) # =>
{
:subject=>['David'],
:auxilay_verb=>['is'],
:verb=>["creating"],
:eek:bject=>["ruby","rails"],
:conjection=>["on"],
:adjective =>["upcoming","release","version"],
:adverb=>["3.1.beta"]
}

Any idea ?

brabuhr

Is there any ruby gem/lib for parsing english sentence into individual
parts of speech(like =A0Noun/subject/verb/adjective/adverb/etc)?

I have not, but have you tried either of these:
gem search -r wordnet
*** REMOTE GEMS ***
rwordnet (0.1.3)
wordnet (0.0.5)
?

Vicente Bosch Campos

Ruby Linguistics is also quite nice =
http://deveiate.org/projects/Linguistics/

=46rom the web page:

"This is a generic, language-neutral framework for extending Ruby =
objects with linguistic methods.
It includes an English-language module with inflection, pluralization, =
conjunctions, indefinite articles, present participles, ordinal numbers, =
numbers to words, general quantification, integration with WordNet?=AE =
and CMU's LinkGrammar?, as well as a framework? for providing modules =
for other languages?."=20