No application associated

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by clivegisworkuk@yahoo.co.uk, Dec 15, 2003.

  1. Guest

    Hi

    I have writen a simple asp page.

    I can openm it on my PC, when I run it on my iPaq PPC it comes up with
    an error: There is no application associated with zip.asp.

    Why???

    Can anyone help??

    Thanks
    Clive

    <HTML>

    <HEAD>
    <%
    Dim cZip ' Zip Code
    Dim cAgent ' HTTP user agent
    Dim isPPC ' Is this a Pocket PC Device Request?
    ' Before we get going, check HTTP Header content
    ' to determine if this is a Pocket PC device
    cAgent = Request.ServerVariables("HTTP_USER_AGENT")
    ' Is this a Pocket PC device
    isPPC = (InStr(1, UCase(cAgent), "WINDOWS CE") > 0)
    %>
    </HEAD>

    <BODY>

    </BODY>
    </HTML>

    , Dec 15, 2003

  2. Steven Burn Guest

    Are your ASP files associated with an application?, if so, which one?

    --
    Regards

    Steven Burn
    Ur I.T. Mate Group
    www.it-mate.co.uk

    Keeping it FREE!

    Disclaimer:

    Steven Burn, Dec 15, 2003

  3. Mark Schupp Guest

    The asp page needs to be opened from an IIS web-site in order to execute.

    --
    Mark Schupp
    Head of Development

    Mark Schupp, Dec 15, 2003

    Hi

    The asp files are associated with IE.

    Cheers
    Clive

    () wrote in message news:<>...
    > Hi
    >
    > I have writen a simple asp page.
    >
    > I can openm it on my PC, when I run it on my iPaq PPC it comes up with
    > an error: There is no application associated with zip.asp.
    >

    > Why???
    >
    > Can anyone help??
    >
    > Thanks
    > Clive
    >
    > <HTML>
    >
    > <HEAD>
    > <%
    > Dim cZip ' Zip Code
    > Dim cAgent ' HTTP user agent
    > Dim isPPC ' Is this a Pocket PC Device Request?
    > ' Before we get going, check HTTP Header content
    > ' to determine if this is a Pocket PC device
    > cAgent = Request.ServerVariables("HTTP_USER_AGENT")
    > ' Is this a Pocket PC device
    > isPPC = (InStr(1, UCase(cAgent), "WINDOWS CE") > 0)
    > %>
    > </HEAD>
    >
    > <BODY>
    >
    > </BODY>