No bin directory

coder316

Hello,
I have a website with some files. There is no bin directory.When I
build it there is still no bin directory.
It's been suggested to use a projectless website, but I dont get the
bin directory.
I am using VS2008.It seems the only way to get the bin directory ie to
create an Application, but that creates a project.
Just confused..
A little explanationplease
Thanks

Gregory A. Beamer

I have a website with some files. There is no bin directory.When I
build it there is still no bin directory.
It's been suggested to use a projectless website, but I dont get the
bin directory.
I am using VS2008.It seems the only way to get the bin directory ie to
create an Application, but that creates a project.
Just confused..
A little explanationplease

The website template will render on the fly, by default, so it does not
need a /bin folder in many instances. With the publish feature, I think
you will see the /bin, however.

I am not sure why someone suggested not using a web application,
however. The only gotcha I have personally experienced is issues with
Profile, but the default sucks so bad, I would never use it ... again. I
opt for custom Profile providers now.

peace and grace,

--
Gregory A. Beamer (MVP)