No Debugging of C# Server-Side Script, but Code-Behind Debugging Works

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Johann Blake, Jan 5, 2004.

  1. Johann Blake

    Johann Blake Guest

    My ASP.NET application is written using C# script as well as C#
    code-behind.

    After setting a breakpoint in the script and running the application,
    I click from one page to the next but when I get to the page where the
    breakpoint is, the code doesn't break in the IDE at the breakpoint.

    The breakpoint is in a Page_Load section. All pages in my app are in
    the same directory and use relative linking to move from one page to
    the next. No cookies are allowed, that is, it's a cookieless
    application.

    On my startup page, I can place a breakpoint in the code-behind of the
    button that you press to send your logon credentials. The IDE does
    break at the breakpoint.

    So it seems that the problem has to do with debugging script rather
    than a problem with debugging in general. I included a Debug="True" at
    the top of the page:

    <%@ Page language="c#" Codebehind="Orders.aspx.cs" Debug="True"%>

    Didn't help.

    Debugging for ASP.NET is enabled in the properties.

    When the app is running, the breakpoints that are not getting caught
    are your typical white question marks. Obviously no symbols are
    probably loaded.

    Anyone have any ideas?

    Best Regards,
    Johann Blake

    Mobile Solutions
    www.closerworlds.com

    Check out Polaris: GPS Vehicle tracking over GSM, GPRS, VHF, UHF,
    etc.. Uses an XML web service, supports various mapping software
    including MapPoint and OziExplorer, is hardware neutral, supports data
    in multiple languages and can be adapted by programmers.
    Johann Blake, Jan 5, 2004

  2. Johann Blake

    Hermit Dave Guest

    check Build >> Configuration Manager