No image swap happens why?

Richard

www.somestuff.batcave.net/test1.html

I have the major part of this monster worked out.
Changing categories is fine.
Only thing is, I get nothing when I click on a thumbnail.
I know the value is being passed properly because I've used "alert" blocks
to tell me that.
Until I get something better to use for the swapping, I'm just using the
bare basic routine.

Please, no arguments about page validation. I've done that. The only thing
missing is the alt tag.

Randy Webb

Richard said:
www.somestuff.batcave.net/test1.html

I have the major part of this monster worked out.
Changing categories is fine.

Actually, it's not. When I click a category to expand it, and then click
another category to expand it, my instincts are to go down with the
mouse to click on a sub category. But your script makes the first one
collapse thereby making me stop and go up to get where I wanted to go.
Only thing is, I get nothing when I click on a thumbnail.

Based on your code, thats not surprising.
I know the value is being passed properly because I've used "alert" blocks
to tell me that.

There are no alerts in the source I see.
Until I get something better to use for the swapping, I'm just using the
bare basic routine.

You have no concept of the "bare basic routine". I gave you a *much*
better "bare basic routine" in the last thread you were asking about
image swaps in where you were just "positive" that switch/case was the
best construct when it wasn't then and it still isn't now.

If you want planes, trains and xx to call a different function then just
call the appropriate function to start with.

Then, you use the simple image swapping routine I gave you.
Please, no arguments about page validation. I've done that. The only thing
missing is the alt tag.

That may be all that's missing in your HTML code but it is definitely
not all you are missing.....