no Postback onclick

Christian D

Hi

Anyone experienced this strange behaviour?

I Have developed an asp.net website on my workstation (XP SP2, ASP.NET 1.1
SP1) and there are no problems running the application on my localhost.

The site is then published to a Win 2003 server (IIS6, ASP.NET 1.1 SP1) and
there we have the following problem with IE6 clients:
When clicking the same button nothing happens, no postback occurs...
probably caused by validation controls on that page?
The CausesValidation property of that button is set to false...

When running the site with firefox there is no problem :D.
When setting EnableClientScript on every validation control there is also no
problem?

Strange thing is we have had a similar problem with a dropdownlist before...
the application was running fine until on a certain moment on some clients
autopostback did not fire when the selection in the dropdownlist changed.
For that reason we changed to a button... but now there is a similar problem
with that one.

Why is it working on my local server and not on the production server???

The generated javascript code is a little different when running the
application on my localhost, but I don't know if this is an issue...

Christian