no right clikc script

Irlan agous

hello i have this no right click script. I runs in a javascript popup. I
know that you can normally save the html page and still see the passed
variables from for example a php script, with a string variable. However if
i use this norigh on a popup you cant save the file as far as i know. Am i
wrong? is there a way to save popups? so is this save enough??

Irlan

<script language=JavaScript>
<!--

//Disable right click script III- By Renigade ([email protected])
//For full source code, visit http://www.dynamicdrive.com

var message="";
///////////////////////////////////
function clickIE() {if (document.all) {(message);return false;}}
function clickNS(e) {if
(document.layers||(document.getElementById&&!document.all)) {
if (e.which==2||e.which==3) {(message);return false;}}}
if (document.layers)
{document.captureEvents(Event.MOUSEDOWN);document.onmousedown=clickNS;}
else{document.onmouseup=clickNS;document.oncontextmenu=clickIE;}

document.oncontextmenu=new Function("return false")
// -->
</script>

Zifud

Irlan said:
hello i have this no right click script. I runs in a javascript popup. I
know that you can normally save the html page and still see the passed
variables from for example a php script, with a string variable. However if
i use this norigh on a popup you cant save the file as far as i know. Am i
wrong?
Yes.

is there a way to save popups?
Yes

so is this save enough??

'Enough'? If you mean "can I see the page source" then yes, I can.

[...]

Randy Webb

Irlan said:
hello i have this no right click script.

Its junk.

I runs in a javascript popup.

Ummm, ok.
I know that you can normally save the html page and still see the passed
variables from for example a php script, with a string variable.

I don't even need to do that. The browser will tell me.
However if i use this norigh on a popup you cant save the file as far as i know.

You need to do some more reading. Try www.opera.com for a starting point.

Am i wrong?

Nah, you just aren't right.

is there a way to save popups?

Yes. More ways to save it than you can come up with to block saving it.
so is this save enough??

Not even close.

kaeli

hello i have this no right click script.

*laughs uproariously*

You do, eh?
*snickers*

You do realize that with one tiny button click, I can disable that, right?
I love Firefox. And I really love the webdev extension.

Don't want people to see your stuff? Don't put it in HTML.

Randy Webb

kaeli said:
*laughs uproariously*

You do, eh?
*snickers*

You do realize that with one tiny button click, I can disable that, right?
I love Firefox. And I really love the webdev extension.

Don't want people to see your stuff? Don't put it in HTML.

<G> Does that mean its safe outside HTML? As in a .js file?

kaeli

<G> Does that mean its safe outside HTML? As in a .js file?

Not in a .js file, since the browser sees it, but the browser never sees
server-side code, so if it's in ASP or PHP or whatever and is embedded only
server-side, it's relatively safe.
Relatively. ;)

Anyone who wants something bad enough can usually find a way to get it.
....though I am still trying to figure out how to snurch those full sized
pictures from Wire Image without having a username/pass or knowing the
directory name where they are stored. Just for educational purposes, of
course. *ahem*
Though I haven't tried anything like ftp/http password crackers, since that's
just asking for trouble. :^)

Randy Webb

With a few said:
Anyone who wants something bad enough can usually find a way to get it.
Ayup.

...though I am still trying to figure out how to snurch those full sized
pictures from Wire Image without having a username/pass or knowing the
directory name where they are stored. Just for educational purposes, of
course. *ahem*

URI?