non duplicable response object error

c676228

Hi everyone,
I got an error from my asp page. The interesting thing is it only occurs
when I choose to give me report for August, if I select any other month,
everything looks fine. I have no clue at all what is all about. What does
line 0 mean?

Response object error 'ASP 0104 : 80070057'

Operation not Allowed

/select_producerrpt.asp, line 0

Mike Brind

c676228 said:
Hi everyone,
I got an error from my asp page. The interesting thing is it only occurs
when I choose to give me report for August, if I select any other month,
everything looks fine. I have no clue at all what is all about. What does
line 0 mean?

Response object error 'ASP 0104 : 80070057'

Operation not Allowed

/select_producerrpt.asp, line 0

Show the code that causes the error. If you are generating the report
from a database, please specify the type and version. If you are
building a dynamic sql statement to be executed against the database,
response.write the sql and run it against the database to test it for
errors.

c676228

Mike,
Thanks for your post.
I pull the data from database and notice that there is one row with column
ponumber is empty, I guess this is where the problem comes from, because in
my code I have --- <%= list("POnumber") %>-- so I set the '12345' in that
column for this record, and then the program runs fine.
But I am still confused since I already checked
if Trim(list("POnumber")) <>"" then
in my code, see below.

Do while Not list.EOF

if Not list.EOF then
if Trim(list("POnumber")) <>"" then
%>
<TR>
<TD ALIGN=RIGHT> <%= list("POnumber") %> </TD>
<TD ALIGN=RIGHT> <%= list("cnt") %> </TD>
<TD ALIGN=RIGHT> <%= FormatCurrency(list("total")) %>
</TD>
<%
num_trnc=num_trnc+list("cnt")
amt_ttl=amt_ttl+CDbl(list("total"))
list.MoveNext
else
%>
<TD ALIGN=RIGHT> 0 </TD>
<TD ALIGN=RIGHT> $0 </TD>
<%
end if
else
%>
<TD ALIGN=RIGHT> 0 </TD>
<TD ALIGN=RIGHT> $0 </TD>
<%
end if
%>
</TR>
<%
loop
%>
Betty

Luke Zhang [MSFT]

Hello,

Regarding the issue, what is your underlying database, SQL server or
Access? And, what is the data type for column "POnumber", string or integer?

If you remove the code "<%= list("POnumber") %>" and replace with a string
like

<TD ALIGN=RIGHT> Test PO Number </TD>

And then review the August report, will this fix the problem? If so, you
check the actual value when you generate the August report. for example,
wirte the values directly with:

Response.Write list("POnumber")

Will this give correct values?

Sincerely,

Luke Zhang

Microsoft Online Community Support
ications.

Mike Brind

Then PONumber does not = "" (an empty string) - it is probably Null.
Try this test:

ponumber = Trim(list("POnumber"))

If ponumber <>"" And Not IsNull(ponumber) Then

You can verify the type using the TypeName function:

Response.Write TypeName(list("POnumber"))