Noob asking for help!

Travis Newbury

Toby said:
Doesn't here. Netscape 4.0 displays it as a plain grey page; Internet
Explorer 4.0 displays it as a plain white page; w3m displays it as a plain
black page.
Now, are you going to argue that black is white?

Wait, didn't McCartney and Jackson write a song about that....

tm

Lauri said:
That is propably because you are usign same settings on all your
browsers. That is mistake most authors do when they test pages. (you only
need to have correct settings for the browser you actually use...)

And default settings aren't alwasy white either. NN used gray for long
time. Opera uses system default color from moment it was installed.

It all depends on your definition of "all". I'm using a very specific
definition.

Lauri Raittila

Lauri Raittila wrote:

It all depends on your definition of "all". I'm using a very specific
definition.

Unless you only have one brower, and it don't allow multible settings,
then all may result same. But if you have 2 or more browsers and you use
exactly same settings, it is not very effective way of testing. All you
can find out is differences by browser bugs, you don't find out problems
on your design. What I am saying is that propably you should have some of
your browsers set to use different background color, when testing
webpages.

tm

Lauri said:
Unless you only have one brower, and it don't allow multible settings,
then all may result same. But if you have 2 or more browsers and you use
exactly same settings, it is not very effective way of testing. All you
can find out is differences by browser bugs, you don't find out problems
on your design. What I am saying is that propably you should have some of
your browsers set to use different background color, when testing
webpages.

Thanks, I guess.