NT Service and -OO option ???

Discussion in 'Python' started by Sylwia, May 4, 2004.

  1. Sylwia

    Sylwia Guest

    Hi!

    I have the following problem and I need Your advice.

    I implement Windows NT service using Mark Hammond's win32 extensions.
    I have 3 files in my service's folder:

    exampleservice.py
    exampleservice.pyc
    exampleservice.pyo

    At the customer the companies usually want to deliver ONLY pyo files.

    Thus the NT service written in Python should be able to run without
    the exampleservice.py and the exampleservice.pyc files, but of course
    after deletion of those 2 files, the start of the created
    exampleservice fails.
    Is it possible to start the winservice with the -OO option? If yes,
    how can I do it?

    Thank You in advance for any hints.

    Best Regards,

    Niki

    Sylwia, May 4, 2004

  2. Sylwia

    Roger Upole Guest

    You should be able to set environment var PYTHONOPTIMIZE=1
    to have the same effect as -OO. I tried this with the demo
    pipeTestService.py, and it starts (after reboot) with only the pyo file
    present.

    hth
    Roger

    Roger Upole, May 5, 2004