NT Service and -OO option ???

Sylwia

Hi!

I have the following problem and I need Your advice.

I implement Windows NT service using Mark Hammond's win32 extensions.
I have 3 files in my service's folder:

exampleservice.py
exampleservice.pyc
exampleservice.pyo

At the customer the companies usually want to deliver ONLY pyo files.

Thus the NT service written in Python should be able to run without
the exampleservice.py and the exampleservice.pyc files, but of course
after deletion of those 2 files, the start of the created
exampleservice fails.
Is it possible to start the winservice with the -OO option? If yes,
how can I do it?

Thank You in advance for any hints.

Best Regards,

Niki

Roger Upole

You should be able to set environment var PYTHONOPTIMIZE=1
to have the same effect as -OO. I tried this with the demo
pipeTestService.py, and it starts (after reboot) with only the pyo file
present.

hth
Roger