NTLM

Robert Hulme

Is there a way to write web apps that support Microsoft's NTLM
authentication in Ruby?

I'm writing an app for our intranet and I'd like it to /just know/ who
the user is.

leon breedt

Is there a way to write web apps that support Microsoft's NTLM
authentication in Ruby?
pam_winbind (Samba 3.x) supports NTLM, and there are Ruby bindings for
PAM, so it would seem possible. If PAM is too much of a headache,
Samba also ships a command-line utility named ntlm_auth.

But no, I don't think there's a pure-Ruby implementation, you'll
probably need to drop into some environment-specific code.

Getting Samba+Winbind working well against a DC is an exercise in its
own right as well :)

Good luck,
Leon