Numarray for Python 2.3

Tim Rowe

Does numarray-0.5.win32-py2.2.exe work with Python 2.3? If not, is
there a version that will?

Tia,

Tim

Colin J. Williams

Tim said:
Does numarray-0.5.win32-py2.2.exe work with Python 2.3? If not, is
there a version that will?

Tia,

Tim
No, not the last time I tried. It seems that Python 2.3 looks for a
different .dll structure than python 2.2.

Below is an extract from a recent posting by Perry Greefield to the
PySci list which sets out current development intentions for
numarray.

I have copied your question, with this response, to Perry Greenfield.

Colin W.

From: "Perry Greenfield" <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2003 19:45:52 -0400
[Eric Jones]
No dates fixed in stone, but here is the basic plan

0.6 to be released this week, this reorganizes numarray as a package

0.7 (few weeks?) Will include PyObject support

0.8 (2 months?) Will include MA support. At this point we hope to
replicate all Numeric functionality (other than the planned changes).

v1.0 will come out when 0.8 has been tested by users for a little while
(with perhaps a 0.9 if many changes and fixes are needed)

[Eric Jones]
There may be some rough corners where performance of numarray needs
optimization that haven't yet been handled (e.g. printing? slicing?)

Perry Greenfield

Tim Rowe

No, not the last time I tried. It seems that Python 2.3 looks for a
different .dll structure than python 2.2.

Thanks. I don't need it just at the moment, but I was planning to
learn it during quiet moments. I can wait.