    --
    Luigi Donatello Asero
    我照想了
    Luigi Donatello Asero, Aug 26, 2006

  2. Luigi Donatello Asero wrote:

    > Is it more clear now?

    No.

    --
    -bts
    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Aug 26, 2006

  3. "Beauregard T. Shagnasty" <> skrev i meddelandet
    > Luigi Donatello Asero wrote:
    >
    > > Is it more clear now?

    > No.

    What did you exactly not understand?

    --
    Luigi Donatello Asero
    我照想了
    Luigi Donatello Asero, Aug 26, 2006
  4. Luigi Donatello Asero wrote:

    > "Beauregard T. Shagnasty" <> skrev:
    >> Luigi Donatello Asero wrote:
    >>
    >>> Is it more clear now?

    >> No.

    > What did you exactly not understand?

    "Besides, the menu is displayed after the list of contents which is the
    opposite in respect to the order I have written them in the source.
    This implies that I have to assign the number 3 to the Menu."

    Now, Luigi, I realize English is not your first language, but I don't
    expect you to use Babelfish to compose your posts.

    --
    -bts
    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Aug 26, 2006
  5. "Beauregard T. Shagnasty" <> skrev i meddelandet
    > Luigi Donatello Asero wrote:

    > >> No.

    > > What did you exactly not understand?

    > "Besides, the menu is displayed after the list of contents which is the
    > opposite in respect to the order I have written them in the source.
    > This implies that I have to assign the number 3 to the Menu."
    >
    > Now, Luigi, I realize English is not your first language, but I don't
    > expect you to use Babelfish to compose your posts.

    I did not use Babelfish .......
    The source is the html code.

    --
    Luigi Donatello Asero
    我照想了
    Luigi Donatello Asero, Aug 26, 2006
  6. Luigi Donatello Asero wrote:

    > "Beauregard T. Shagnasty" <> skrev:
    >> Luigi Donatello Asero wrote:

    >>> What did you exactly not understand?

    >> "Besides, the menu is displayed after the list of contents which is
    >> the opposite in respect to the order I have written them in the
    >> source. This implies that I have to assign the number 3 to the
    >> Menu."
    >>
    >> Now, Luigi, I realize English is not your first language, but I
    >> don't expect you to use Babelfish to compose your posts.

    > I did not use Babelfish .......
    > The source is the html code.

    <sigh>

    --
    -bts
    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Aug 26, 2006
  7. "Beauregard T. Shagnasty" <> skrev i meddelandet
    > Luigi Donatello Asero wrote:

    > >> "Besides, the menu is displayed after the list of contents which is
    > >> the opposite in respect to the order I have written them in the
    > >> source. This implies that I have to assign the number 3 to the
    > >> Menu."
    > >>
    > >> Now, Luigi, I realize English is not your first language, but I
    > >> don't expect you to use Babelfish to compose your posts.

    > > I did not use Babelfish .......
    > > The source is the html code.

    > <sigh>

    It is called "source" if you use IE for example you have a link in the menu
    under "View" and when you follow the link you open the page with the html
    code.

    --
    Luigi Donatello Asero
    我照想了
    Luigi Donatello Asero, Aug 26, 2006

    > "Beauregard T. Shagnasty" <> skrev i

    meddelandet
    > > Luigi Donatello Asero wrote:

    > > > I did not use Babelfish .......
    > > > The source is the html code.

    > > <sigh>

    > It is called "source" if you use IE for example you have a link in the

    menu
    > under "View" and when you follow the link you open the page with the html
    > code.

    If you go through the code you will find out that I wrote the menu before
    the table of contents
    (or as I like calling it "list of contents") while if you browse the same
    page you will see that the html code combined with the effect of the
    external style sheet is implemented by the browser in such a way that the
    menu is displayed after the nested lists (table of contents).

    --
    Luigi Donatello Asero
    我照想了
    Luigi Donatello Asero, Aug 26, 2006
  9. Luigi Donatello Asero wrote:

    > "Luigi Donatello Asero" <> skrev:

    >>> <sigh>

    >> It is called "source" if you use IE for example you have a link in
    >> the menu under "View" and when you follow the link you open the page
    >> with the html code.

    > If you go through the code you will find out that I wrote the menu
    > before the table of contents (or as I like calling it "list of
    > contents") while if you browse the same page you will see that the
    > html code combined with the effect of the external style sheet is
    > implemented by the browser in such a way that the menu is displayed
    > after the nested lists (table of contents).

    <sigh>

    Luigi, you wrote all that as if you think I don't know how to read the
    source of a web page.

    If you mean:
    <h2><a id="tasti-navigazione">3. Tasti per la navigazione</a></h2>
    your explanation still does not explain "This implies that I have to
    assign the number 3 to the Menu."

    Another question: why are there two section 8's?

    8. Frequenza dei nomi e cognomi in Svezia
    8. La divisione amministrativa del territorio svedese

    Another question: why are the headings for these various sections
    different font sizes?

    Another question: why is the section "Le feste in Svezia" (and all those
    after it) NOT numbered?

    I could go on...

    --
    -bts
    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Aug 26, 2006
  10. "Beauregard T. Shagnasty" <> skrev i meddelandet
    > Luigi Donatello Asero wrote:

    > >> It is called "source" if you use IE for example you have a link in
    > >> the menu under "View" and when you follow the link you open the page
    > >> with the html code.

    > > If you go through the code you will find out that I wrote the menu
    > > before the table of contents (or as I like calling it "list of
    > > contents") while if you browse the same page you will see that the
    > > html code combined with the effect of the external style sheet is
    > > implemented by the browser in such a way that the menu is displayed
    > > after the nested lists (table of contents).

    > <sigh>
    >
    > Luigi, you wrote all that as if you think I don't know how to read the
    > source of a web page.
    >
    > If you mean:
    > <h2><a id="tasti-navigazione">3. Tasti per la navigazione</a></h2>
    > your explanation still does not explain "This implies that I have to
    > assign the number 3 to the Menu."
    >
    > Another question: why are there two section 8's?
    >
    > 8. Frequenza dei nomi e cognomi in Svezia
    > 8. La divisione amministrativa del territorio svedese
    >
    > Another question: why are the headings for these various sections
    > different font sizes?
    >
    > Another question: why is the section "Le feste in Svezia" (and all those
    > after it) NOT numbered?
    >
    > I could go on...

    Answer to all of your questions except the first one:
    1) because they have not been updated yet.

    Answer to the first question:
    1) Introduzione
    2) Sommario
    3) Menu
    according to the way they are displayed

    1)Introduzione
    2)Menu
    3)Sommario
    (according to the the way I had written them in the source)
    The main heading is excluded because it is used as "title"
    of the table of contents.

    --
    Luigi Donatello Asero
    我照想了
    Luigi Donatello Asero, Aug 26, 2006
  11. Luigi Donatello Asero wrote:

    > Answer to all of your questions except the first one:

    ...which has always been "Why are your pages so convoluted?"

    --
    -bts
    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Aug 26, 2006
  12. "Beauregard T. Shagnasty" <> skrev i meddelandet
    > Luigi Donatello Asero wrote:
    >
    > > Answer to all of your questions except the first one:

    > ..which has always been "Why are your pages so convoluted?"

    As that was your own opinion, you might want to answer yourself.

    --
    Luigi Donatello Asero
    我照想了
    Luigi Donatello Asero, Aug 26, 2006
  13. On 2006-08-26, Luigi Donatello Asero wrote:

    > "Beauregard T. Shagnasty" <> skrev i meddelandet
    >> Luigi Donatello Asero wrote:
    >>
    >> > Answer to all of your questions except the first one:

    >> ..which has always been "Why are your pages so convoluted?"

    > As that was your own opinion, you might want to answer yourself.

    It's not his opinion alone.

    Author:
    Chris F.A. Johnson, Aug 26, 2006
  14. Luigi Donatello Asero

    dorayme Guest

    In article <InOHg.14309$>,
    "Luigi Donatello Asero" <> wrote:

    > "Beauregard T. Shagnasty" <> skrev i meddelandet
    > > Luigi Donatello Asero wrote:
    > >
    > > > Answer to all of your questions except the first one:

    > > ..which has always been "Why are your pages so convoluted?"

    > As that was your own opinion, you might want to answer yourself.

    Luigi, many people in their freedom would shoot themselves before
    putting so much on one page... Why not just for once to see how
    good it feels, make an index page with almost nothing on it but a
    short sentence about your business and a small menu of the main
    pages of your website. Then some pages to correspond to the main
    links, also with as little as possible and so on down. Just as an
    extreme exercise. Then find a balance. You come from a nation
    that conquered the Greeks. Learn about Aristotle and his Doctrine
    of the Mean

    --
    dorayme
    dorayme, Aug 26, 2006
  15. "Chris F.A. Johnson" <> skrev i meddelandet
    > On 2006-08-26, Luigi Donatello Asero wrote:
    > >
    > > "Beauregard T. Shagnasty" <> skrev i

    meddelandet

    > >> ..which has always been "Why are your pages so convoluted?"

    > > As that was your own opinion, you might want to answer yourself.

    > It's not his opinion alone.

    But not mine.
    Have a nice week!

    --
    Luigi Donatello Asero
    我照想了
    Luigi Donatello Asero, Aug 26, 2006
  16. In article
    <>,
    dorayme <> wrote:

    > You come from a nation
    > that conquered the Greeks. Learn about Aristotle and his Doctrine
    > of the Mean

    You and I suspect that he comes from a nation of zeroes and ones ;-)

    leo

    --
    <http://web0.greatbasin.net/~leo/>
    Leonard Blaisdell, Aug 26, 2006
  17. "Leonard Blaisdell" <> skrev i meddelandet
    > In article
    > <>,
    > dorayme <> wrote:
    >
    > > You come from a nation
    > > that conquered the Greeks. Learn about Aristotle and his Doctrine
    > > of the Mean

    > You and I suspect that he comes from a nation of zeroes and ones ;-)
    >
    > leo

    01.01.01
    Binary systems?
    http://www.usbyte.com/common/binarysystem.htm
    --
    Luigi Donatello Asero
    我照想了
    Luigi Donatello Asero, Aug 26, 2006
  18. "dorayme" <> skrev i meddelandet
    > In article <InOHg.14309$>,
    > "Luigi Donatello Asero" <> wrote:
    >
    > > "Beauregard T. Shagnasty" <> skrev i

    meddelandet

    > > > ..which has always been "Why are your pages so convoluted?"

    > > As that was your own opinion, you might want to answer yourself.

    > Luigi, many people in their freedom would shoot themselves before
    > putting so much on one page... Why not just for once to see how
    > good it feels, make an index page with almost nothing on it but a
    > short sentence about your business and a small menu of the main
    > pages of your website. Then some pages to correspond to the main
    > links, also with as little as possible and so on down. Just as an
    > extreme exercise. Then find a balance. You come from a nation
    > that conquered the Greeks. Learn about Aristotle and his Doctrine
    > of the Mean

    There is already a small menu for the Swedish language, one for the Italian
    language, one for the German languages which are going to be updated....
    On the page https://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/it/svezia.html
    it is the menu on the left which is linked to the table of contents by
    "Tasti per la navigazione"
    There is already a site map for the main pages in Swedish
    For reference see
    https://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/sv/sitemap.php
    There is also a local search engine.
    As to Greeks what about
    Pythagoras of Samos?
    http://www-gap.dcs.st-and.ac.uk/~history/Mathematicians/Pythagoras.html
    There is even an introduction of myself and my own one-man business in
    Swedish
    https://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/sv/valkommen.php
    Italian
    https://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/it/benvenuti.php
    German
    https://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/de/willkommen.php
    and so on.
    There are also several index.php pages
    because there are directories which are very deep...

    --
    Luigi Donatello Asero
    我照想了
    Luigi Donatello Asero, Aug 26, 2006
  19. Luigi Donatello Asero

    mbstevens Guest

    On Sat, 26 Aug 2006 03:23:32 +0000, Luigi Donatello Asero wrote:

    > There is already a small menu for the Swedish language, one for the Italian
    > language, one for the German languages which are going to be updated....
    > On the page https://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/it/svezia.html
    > it is the menu on the left which is linked to the table of contents by
    > "Tasti per la navigazione"
    > There is already a site map for the main pages in Swedish
    > For reference see
    > https://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/sv/sitemap.php
    > There is also a local search engine.
    > As to Greeks what about
    > Pythagoras of Samos?
    > http://www-gap.dcs.st-and.ac.uk/~history/Mathematicians/Pythagoras.html
    > There is even an introduction of myself and my own one-man business in
    > Swedish
    > https://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/sv/valkommen.php
    > Italian
    > https://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/it/benvenuti.php
    > German
    > https://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/de/willkommen.php
    > and so on.
    > There are also several index.php pages
    > because there are directories which are very deep...

    Look, we can't supply you with a map of how to do your classifications,
    because only you know exactly what you want to emphasize.

    But there are few who will enjoy your site as it is.

    Break it down into simpler elements, moving less important stuff
    (whatever you choose) to other pages. The thing is just a mess
    as it is.

    What? You think you're Fellini directing the Satyricon?
    It's a web site, for goodness sake. Get a grip. There are
    limits to surrealism.
    mbstevens, Aug 26, 2006
  20. In article <3TOHg.14312$>,
    "Luigi Donatello Asero" <> wrote:

    > "Leonard Blaisdell" <> skrev i meddelandet
    > > In article
    > > <>,
    > > dorayme <> wrote:
    > >
    > > > You come from a nation
    > > > that conquered the Greeks. Learn about Aristotle and his Doctrine
    > > > of the Mean

    > > You and I suspect that he comes from a nation of zeroes and ones ;-)

    > 01.01.01
    > Binary systems?
    > http://www.usbyte.com/common/binarysystem.htm

    Exactly.