Nwebie : Getting the value of a resized browser window

andy.jones

Hi

I'm new to Javascript and wonder if anyone can give me some help?

Im using document.documentElement.clientWidth to get the width of the
users
browser and it works fine so long as the users don't resize it.
However, if the
user re sizes it and then refreshes it , everthing is correct).

what I would like to detect is the width of the window dynamically as
the
user rezizes it.

does anyone know if this is possible

thanks

Andy

Randy Webb

(e-mail address removed) said the following on 9/8/2006 6:09 AM:
Hi

I'm new to Javascript and wonder if anyone can give me some help?

Im using document.documentElement.clientWidth to get the width of the
users
browser and it works fine so long as the users don't resize it.
However, if the
user re sizes it and then refreshes it , everthing is correct).

what I would like to detect is the width of the window dynamically as
the
user rezizes it.

does anyone know if this is possible

window.onresize

Be aware that it fires continuously until the resize is finished.
Meaning, that if you resize the window 100 pixels wider (or narrower)
then the onresize will get fired 100 times.

There is also the IE-centric onresizeend

andy.jones

Many thanks Randy

I'll give it a go

Andy