    How do I get this to work?

    Kind Regards,
    Allan Ebdrup
    Allan Ebdrup, Oct 4, 2006

  2. Hi Allan,

    You can just select "None" for the parameter type and pass the parameter
    value in ObjectDataSource's Selecting event:

    protected void ObjectDataSource1_Selecting(object sender,
    ObjectDataSourceSelectingEventArgs e)
    {
    e.InputParameters["guid"] = this.Partner.Guid;
    }

    You can add a custom type as a Profile property by:

    <system.web>
    <profile>
    <properties>
    <add name="Partner" type="mynamespace.Partner"/>
    </properties>

    However, since your ObjectDataSource's using the Partner.Guid as parameter,
    you cannot directly use Profile.Partner as its parameter.

    Please reply to let me know whether or not you need further information.

    Sincerely,
    Walter Wang (, remove 'online.')
    Microsoft Online Community Support

    promptly.

    Walter Wang [MSFT], Oct 5, 2006

  3. Allan Ebdrup

    Allan Ebdrup Guest

    I found a workaround:
    I simply save the property in a hidden field, in Page_Load, that is not
    visible and let teh object data source get its parameter from there.
    Allan Ebdrup, Oct 6, 2006