    found so many book but not very confident about the subject.

    Regards
    sanjeeb
    sanjeeb, Apr 20, 2006

  2. sanjeeb

    Matt Garrish Guest

    Matt Garrish, Apr 20, 2006

  3. sanjeeb

    Ch Lamprecht Guest

    sanjeeb wrote:
    > Hi
    > i am a beginner in perl I am learning right now. i am very much
    > confused with Object oriented perl programming. Can any one please
    > suggest any good site.

    Hi,
    did you read the documentation on OO-perl that came with your perl?

    perldoc perlboot
    perldoc perlobj
    perldoc perltoot
    perldoc perltooc
    perldoc perlbot

    Christoph
    --

    perl -e "print scalar reverse q//"
    Ch Lamprecht, Apr 20, 2006
  4. sanjeeb

    Mirco Wahab Guest

    Hi sanjeeb

    > i am a beginner in perl I am learning right now. i am very much
    > confused with Object oriented perl programming. Can any one please
    > suggest any good site. I need some examaple codes to get inside. I
    > found so many book but not very confident about the subject.

    I'd like to make an additional comment.

    *IF* you *REALLY* want to learn two things at once,
    then read the book:

    "Intermediate Perl" by Schwartz, d'Foy Phoenix
    (http://images-eu.amazon.com/images/P/0596102062.03.LZZZZZZZ.jpg)

    which has a really nice OO-Introduction for Perl.
    If you are - then - somehow advanced, jump to Damians book:

    "Object Oriented Perl" by Conway
    (http://images-eu.amazon.com/images/P/1884777791.03.LZZZZZZZ.gif)

    If (imho better) you want to learn Perl first,
    dont even think about any OO stuff within at
    least one year.

    In most cases, you _won't_ really need any OOP
    for 'normal' Programs - say - below 1000 Lines
    (figure given in /1/). It adds only to confusion,
    esp. if you don't know Perl well enough (imho).

    What field of computing are you dealing with?

    Why would you choose Glor^h^h^hPea^hrl in
    the first place?

    Regards

    Mirco
    Mirco Wahab, Apr 20, 2006
  5. sanjeeb

    John Guest

    "sanjeeb" <> wrote in message
    > Hi
    > i am a beginner in perl I am learning right now. i am very much
    > confused with Object oriented perl programming. Can any one please
    > suggest any good site. I need some examaple codes to get inside. I
    > found so many book but not very confident about the subject.
    >
    > Regards
    > sanjeeb

    The following is a short 10 page summary for *absolute* beginners.

    http://cgi2.cs.rpi.edu/~lallip/perl/spring06/OOP.pdf

    Regards
    John
    John, Apr 21, 2006