    behind class in the TypeName, if i specify "this" it doesnt recorgnizes
    it, if i specify the actual control_classname, it doest recognize it :(

    thanks a lot

    motorhead_maniac, May 4, 2006

  2. If you mean the ID in the tag, that is NOT the name of the control on the
    server side. It is useful in JavaScript (client side) only.

    In ASP.NET 1.x, the model was to manually enter in a tag for the control and
    using the name in the tag (on the raw, not rendered, page), like:

    protected MySuperControl mySuperControl1;

    This gives you the option to control the control in Code Behind/Beside. Now
    that we are dealing with partial classes, there are instances where this
    wire is not necessary, but there is still some disparity between tagged
    portions and coded portions, so it is worth a shot.

    Hope this makes sense. If not, post back with more specifics on the problem
    (a simple code sample to repro is nice).

    --
    Gregory A. Beamer

    Think Outside the Box!

    Cowboy \(Gregory A. Beamer\), May 5, 2006