    connection?

    Bravo security (what a concept),

    Karl Mikesell MCSE
    Karl A Mikesell, May 12, 2004

  2. Hi Karl,

    First, I have to wonder why you would want to use an ODBC DSN, as ODBC is a
    wrapper for OLE DB, and almost every major database product out there has
    OLE DB drivers nowadays. Be that as it may...

    You are correct that you are dealing with a permissions issue here, and that
    it is related to the fact that System DSNs are stored in the registry. The
    user accoount under which your ASP.Net app is running must have permission
    to read that registry key in order to use a System DSN.

    --
    HTH,
    Kevin Spencer

    "Karl A Mikesell" <> wrote in message
    > Using ODBC DSN connection in ASP.net does not work, but same code will
    > execute properly as a Windows application, is this the result of .NET

    Code

    Kevin Spencer, May 12, 2004

  3. Thank you for confirming so quickly. The DSN in question is not a database,
    it is a proprietary device interface (yet another legacy device), just
    trying to hook into it. This is were Web Services helps greatly.

    Thank again.

    Karl A Mikesell, May 12, 2004