ODBC permissions

dimstthomas

Hello

I have posted to this group as it seems to be a lot busier than the
odbc specific ones. If you can suggest a more appropriate group I will
post it there.

I am connecting to databases on a server using asp pages. There are two
databases, an Access database and a Sage database (part of the Sage
Line 50 accounting package)

These are the connection strings

Access
"Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=c:\database\mydb.mdb"

Sage
"Driver={Sage Line 50
v10};DIR=C:\Sage\Accounts\ACCDATA;UseDataPath=No;UID=username;PWD=password"

The Access connection works for any user, the Sage connection only
works if the user is an administrator on the server (the UID and PWD
for the Sage connection are Sage specific and don't need to match the
username of the person using the asp pages). I get the same results
using a DSN. I can connect to the Sage database on the server as a
normal user by using a local DSN with the DIR setting as the mapped
network drive on the server, so I don't think the problem is
file/folder permissions (they look ok anyway).

The error when a user tries to connect via ASP to the Sage database is:

Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error '80040e4d'
User ID or Password invalid

I don't think this is from the actual connection because as soon as you
make the user an administrator it will work. I don't think the driver
is checking if the user is an administrator because then it wouldn't
work using a local DSN and a network path. It seems the Sage driver is
trying to do something that can't be done by a normal user on the
server (e.g. launch a process).

Anyone got any ideas how I can find out what is going on and get users
to access the Sage database.

Thanks

Scott Allen

Might be a tough one to track down, but I'd probably start in
Administrative Tools -> Local Security Policy and turn on auditing,
particularly "Audit privledge use" and "object access" for failures.
You might turn up something in the security log.

You might also try the FileMon and RegMon tools from sysinternals.com
to see if the record any access errors when your Sage stuff is
starting up.

HTH,

dimstthomas

Scott said:
Might be a tough one to track down, but I'd probably start in
Administrative Tools -> Local Security Policy and turn on auditing,
particularly "Audit privledge use" and "object access" for failures.
You might turn up something in the security log.

You might also try the FileMon and RegMon tools from sysinternals.com
to see if the record any access errors when your Sage stuff is
starting up.

Thanks for your reply. I tracked down the problem using FileMon. The
Sage driver was trying to access:
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application
Data\Microsoft\Crypto\RSA\MachineKeys
I added read permissions for Authenticated Users to this directory and
it worked.

Thanks again.

Joined
Jul 12, 2006
Messages
7
Reaction score
0
hi i am developing a web site which required to connect to the sage Line 50 and get the order information. I am using Asp.Net and sql serer 2005.

I dont know is there is a way to connect to the sage Line 50 database.

I really appriciate a help on this problem

Thanks
Regards
AJ Kiven

Joined
Sep 3, 2009
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
(e-mail address removed)

Import sales orders into Sage using ASP.NET

I am new in programming/asp.net and i am developing a web based application. the application should integrate to SAGE Line 50 2007 in order to retrieve and import the sales orders from Website to SAGE.

I can retrieve the data from SAGE but I can't write back (I can not save/insert anything into sage).

If I want insert anything into sage the below errors occured.

"ERROR [42000] Syntax error: Invalid key word specification

Exception Details: System.Data.Odbc.OdbcException: ERROR [42000] Syntax error: Invalid key word specification"

Any advise is deeply appreciated.