Odd/Frustrating Textbox Behavior

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Controls' started by Alan Lucas, Nov 4, 2004.

  1. Alan Lucas

    Alan Lucas Guest

    I've got a basic form (frmTrackID) with 5 textboxes (txtID1 - txtid5)
    and a button (btnsubmit).

    You enter your ID's into the boxes (or leave them empty) and click the
    button. The code behind runs them each through a sub and goes on it's
    merry way. Now, as I'm a lazy dev, rather than having to type in
    these values all the time, or have to remove stuff from what will
    eventually become production code, I create a new page to pre-load
    these boxes with values that I want. I do this via a loading page
    which calls frmTrackID and loads up some params. In the frmTrackID
    page_load I check the params.count and load up txtid1 and so on if
    neccessary. This works fine. If however, I go directly to
    frmTrackID, without pre-loading, when I enter in a value and click
    btnSubmit, txtID1.Text is an empty string.

    What have I done to my page? I've already tried deleting the
    textboxes and reacreating them...

    Thanks, Alan

    Alan Lucas, Nov 4, 2004