Offending class: javax/servlet/Servlet.class

Discussion in 'Java' started by chamikara, Jun 18, 2004.

  1. chamikara

    chamikara Guest

    Hi,

    I'm trying to install a ebXML server (Massage Service Handler - MSH).
    This is a opensource server from freebXML. I'm running this on Tomcat
    and get the following error.

    INFO: Installing web application at context path /msh from URL
    jar:file:D:\Java\jwsdp-1.3\webapps\msh.war!/
    Jun 18, 2004 5:18:05 PM org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader
    validateJarFile
    INFO: validateJarFile(D:\Java\jwsdp-1.3\work\Catalina\localhost\msh\WEB-INF\lib\servlet.jar)
    - jar not loaded. See Servlet Spec 2.3, section 9.7.2. Offending
    class: javax/servlet/Servlet.class

    The specification reads about overwriting J2SE servlet class from
    J2EE. I have installed both and JWSDP also. However this error comes
    from the Servlet.jar which is provided by the MSH.

    If any one could help on this, I would be realy grateful.

    regards
    chami
    chamikara, Jun 18, 2004

  2. chamikara

    Muz Guest

    > I'm trying to install a ebXML server (Massage Service Handler - MSH).

    I wish I had my own Massage Service

    > This is a opensource server from freebXML. I'm running this on Tomcat
    > and get the following error.
    >
    > INFO: Installing web application at context path /msh from URL
    > jar:file:D:\Java\jwsdp-1.3\webapps\msh.war!/
    > Jun 18, 2004 5:18:05 PM org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader
    > validateJarFile
    > INFO: validateJarFile(D:\Java\jwsdp-1.3\work\Catalina\localhost\msh\WEB-INF\lib\servlet.jar)
    > - jar not loaded. See Servlet Spec 2.3, section 9.7.2. Offending
    > class: javax/servlet/Servlet.class

    What version of Tomcat are you using? It looks like Tomcat is trying
    to load the servlet.jar from your MSH webapp which is not compatible
    with Tomcat's own servlet.jar.

    Take the servlet.jar out of the MSH war and redeploy/restart tomcat,
    see what happens.
    Muz, Jun 19, 2004