Offending class: javax/servlet/Servlet.class

chamikara

Hi,

I'm trying to install a ebXML server (Massage Service Handler - MSH).
This is a opensource server from freebXML. I'm running this on Tomcat
and get the following error.

INFO: Installing web application at context path /msh from URL
jar:file:D:\Java\jwsdp-1.3\webapps\msh.war!/
Jun 18, 2004 5:18:05 PM org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader
validateJarFile
INFO: validateJarFile(D:\Java\jwsdp-1.3\work\Catalina\localhost\msh\WEB-INF\lib\servlet.jar)
- jar not loaded. See Servlet Spec 2.3, section 9.7.2. Offending
class: javax/servlet/Servlet.class

The specification reads about overwriting J2SE servlet class from
J2EE. I have installed both and JWSDP also. However this error comes
from the Servlet.jar which is provided by the MSH.

If any one could help on this, I would be realy grateful.

regards
chami

Muz

I'm trying to install a ebXML server (Massage Service Handler - MSH).

I wish I had my own Massage Service
This is a opensource server from freebXML. I'm running this on Tomcat
and get the following error.

INFO: Installing web application at context path /msh from URL
jar:file:D:\Java\jwsdp-1.3\webapps\msh.war!/
Jun 18, 2004 5:18:05 PM org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader
validateJarFile
INFO: validateJarFile(D:\Java\jwsdp-1.3\work\Catalina\localhost\msh\WEB-INF\lib\servlet.jar)
- jar not loaded. See Servlet Spec 2.3, section 9.7.2. Offending
class: javax/servlet/Servlet.class

What version of Tomcat are you using? It looks like Tomcat is trying
to load the servlet.jar from your MSH webapp which is not compatible
with Tomcat's own servlet.jar.

Take the servlet.jar out of the MSH war and redeploy/restart tomcat,
see what happens.