Okay to Get Rid of App_Data Folder?

Johnson

I created an ASP.NET Web Application (not Web Site) Project in Visual Studio
2008. It automatically created a folder named App_Data. Can I get rid of
that or does ASP.NET actually need it for some reason?

Thanks.

jacerhea

You can get rid of it. You can search google if you want to find out
exactly why its there, or just delete it if you're not going to use it.

Juan T. Llibre

re:
!> It automatically created a folder named App_Data.
!> Can I get rid of that or does ASP.NET actually need it for some reason?

Only if you aren't going to place any data there.

Its only purpose is to hold data files.
If you don't need to use data files you can get rid of it.