OLEDB + VFP DATABASE

Agnes

i got two server, (data server) + application server.
the asp.net will be stored in application server and map the vfp database
by using network drive.

When the database and program located in the same server, everything works
fine.
However, when I place the database in another server, It got an error said
"invalid paht"
Dim db_root As String = "u:\WTO\"
Session("HostCompanyName") = "WTO LOGISTICS LIMITED"
Session("ConnectionAuth") = "Provider = VfpOleDB.1;Data Source =
" & db_root & "vfpmaster\ttsdata\tts.dbc"

'U' is network drive.
when i change back into 'C', eveything works fine.
Does anyone know how to solve it ??
thanks a lot

Otis Mukinfus

i got two server, (data server) + application server.
the asp.net will be stored in application server and map the vfp database
by using network drive.

When the database and program located in the same server, everything works
fine.
However, when I place the database in another server, It got an error said
"invalid paht"
Dim db_root As String = "u:\WTO\"
Session("HostCompanyName") = "WTO LOGISTICS LIMITED"
Session("ConnectionAuth") = "Provider = VfpOleDB.1;Data Source =
" & db_root & "vfpmaster\ttsdata\tts.dbc"

'U' is network drive.
when i change back into 'C', eveything works fine.
Does anyone know how to solve it ??
thanks a lot

You will need to use the URN of the server and folder, not the attached drive
letter. It should be something like this:

\\YourServerName\WTO\

Good luck with your project,

Otis Mukinfus
http://www.arltex.com