Once again I'm wasting my time with CentOS: gem install won'twork...

Xeno Campanoli

[root@free rubygems-1.1.0]# vi README
[root@free rubygems-1.1.0]# ruby setup.rb
/lib/rubygems/custom_require.rb:27:in `gem_original_require': no such
file to load -- rdoc/rdoc (LoadError)
from ./lib/rubygems/custom_require.rb:27:in `require'
from setup.rb:48
[root@free rubygems-1.1.0]#

I'm following the README, and it fails as above. Can someone make a
suggestion other than "use some Linux distro which is less tirdy"?

Xeno Campanoli

Xeno Campanoli wrote:

Never mind, I've got it...
[root@free rubygems-1.1.0]# vi README
[root@free rubygems-1.1.0]# ruby setup.rb
./lib/rubygems/custom_require.rb:27:in `gem_original_require': no such
file to load -- rdoc/rdoc (LoadError)
from ./lib/rubygems/custom_require.rb:27:in `require'
from setup.rb:48
[root@free rubygems-1.1.0]#

I'm following the README, and it fails as above. Can someone make a
suggestion other than "use some Linux distro which is less tirdy"?

Davi Vidal

Em Wednesday 09 April 2008, Xeno Campanoli escreveu:
Xeno said:
[root@free rubygems-1.1.0]# vi README
[root@free rubygems-1.1.0]# ruby setup.rb
./lib/rubygems/custom_require.rb:27:in `gem_original_require': no such
file to load -- rdoc/rdoc (LoadError)
from ./lib/rubygems/custom_require.rb:27:in `require'
from setup.rb:48
[root@free rubygems-1.1.0]#

I'm following the README, and it fails as above. Can someone make a
suggestion other than "use some Linux distro which is less tirdy"?

Never mind, I've got it...

Could you share your solution?

Thanks,
--
Davi Vidal
--

Xeno Campanoli

Xeno said:
[root@free rubygems-1.1.0]# vi README
[root@free rubygems-1.1.0]# ruby setup.rb
./lib/rubygems/custom_require.rb:27:in `gem_original_require': no such
file to load -- rdoc/rdoc (LoadError)
from ./lib/rubygems/custom_require.rb:27:in `require'
from setup.rb:48
[root@free rubygems-1.1.0]#

I'm following the README, and it fails as above. Can someone make a
suggestion other than "use some Linux distro which is less tirdy"?
Never mind, I've got it...

Could you share your solution?

Thanks,
yum install ruby-rdoc, as the other person also replied. I hope this
helps. Actually though, to get the stuff going I needed required some
yum installs, some tgz installs, and then some gem installs, and one of
the items I really wanted, Mysql, I still couldn't get anyway because I
am restricted to too early a version of Mysql and Ruby. Sigh. Anyway,
I recommend Debian flavored stuff if you want to do development or small
scale servers with little flavor. If then the operations guys want to
put you on some Redhat crap for their good feeliness, let them do the
extra work.

xc

Kyle Schmitt

Honestly, when I need a reasonably modern ruby on a redhat/centos
system, I use checkinstall to make a nice little rpm package out of my
own compilation of ruby. Does it have all of it's red-hat dependency
checks? No, but that doesn't really bug me.

--Kyle