onClientClick does not work correctly after deploying

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by cyrus, Sep 2, 2008.

  1. cyrus

    cyrus Guest

    Hi everybody,

    I have created a simple web form which contains a repeater. every item of
    the repeater has a button to delete the tiem.

    my web form uses Resource files to globalizing the form (multiLanguage). the
    value of the resource string is saved in a asp:hidden control to be used
    later in a javascript function, so in the following code ConfirmMessage is a
    asp:hidden control which saves the value of the properties of the resource
    files.

    So the value of ConfirmMessage is a confirm message from Resource files in 4
    languages which will be showen when a client click on the RemoveBtn to delete
    an item.

    in developing environment everything works good and i deploy it to
    production. within the production machine I browse to my site
    (http://mydomain.com) and here everything works good, I get the confirm
    message and when I click on Cancel it nothing happen (the item is not
    deleted). But the problem is when I browse to production from another machine
    it removes the item even when I click Cancel. it seems the javascript does
    not works at all. it do a reload and it seems to go in to the onClick event.

    Thank you for any help.

    here is my code:

    asp:Content ID="Content2" ContentPlaceHolderID="ContentPlaceHolder1"
    Runat="Server">

    function ShowConfirmDelete() {
    var theMessage =
    document.getElementById('<%=ConfirmMessage.ClientID%>').value;

    return confirm(theMessage);
    }

    </script>

    <asp:Repeater ID="DataList1" runat="server" DataSourceID="SqlDataSource1" >

    <ItemTemplate>

    asp:Label ID="itemdateLabel" runat="server" Text='<%#
    Eval("CreatedDate","{0}") %>' />

    <asp:Button ID="RemoveBtn" runat="server" Text="delete"
    OnClick="RemoveBtn_Click" OnClientClick="return ShowConfirmDelete();" />

    </ItemTemplate>

    </asp:Repeater>

    </asp:Content>
    cyrus, Sep 2, 2008

  2. cyrus wrote:
    > Hi everybody,
    >
    > I have created a simple web form which contains a repeater. every
    > item of the repeater has a button to delete the tiem.

    recommended practice), but this is a classic (COM-based) asp newsgroup.
    ASP.Net is a different technology from classic ASP. While you may be
    lucky enough to find a dotnet-savvy person here who can answer your
    question, you can eliminate the luck factor by posting your question to
    a newsgroup where the dotnet-savvy people hang out. I suggest

    to help you.

    HTH,
    Bob Barrows
    --
    Microsoft MVP -- ASP/ASP.NET
    Bob Barrows [MVP], Sep 2, 2008

  3. cyrus

    Evertjan. Guest

    =?Utf-8?B?Y3lydXM=?= wrote on 02 sep 2008 in

    > </asp:Content>

    This is a classic asp group. Dotnet questions should be asked in
    <microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet>

    --
    Evertjan.
    The Netherlands.
    Evertjan., Sep 2, 2008