One more question on POST from .aspx to .asp

nsitnikov

Hi guys,
I have seen some similar topics, but couldn't find one that would match
my situation.

I have .asp page that has pretty standard setup, bunch of text fields
on a form. However, I can't change ANYTHING on it, it's available to me
in read-only mode, so I can only see names of text fields, functions
etc.

I need to write .aspx page (without any server-side scripting, this
page will reside on Sharepoint) that will have text fields and a button
on it. When this button gets clicked - the above .asp page opens in a
new window, and text fields from my .aspx get POSTed into text fields
on .asp . I can't use GET, cause .asp page doesn't have variables to
read from Querystring.

Any suggestions? Is it doable at all? Should I forget about it and get
another job?

Thank you in advance.

Marina

You can write your asp.net page to behave just as asp does. Just don't use
code behind, and code it the way you would asp, set the form's action, etc.

nsitnikov

If I make my form on .aspx page to have action="... .asp" page, I will
have to change .asp first to process request.form, is this correct?
And that's exactly what I'm not allowed to do.

Curt_C [MVP]

If I make my form on .aspx page to have action="... .asp" page, I will
have to change .asp first to process request.form, is this correct?
And that's exactly what I'm not allowed to do.

What is the .asp using to read the values if you arent allowed to use
Request.QueryString() nor Request.Form() ??????

nsitnikov

This .asp has its own popups (which are .asp's also) that are called
through choosing one of several radio buttons. These popups have
buttons that OnClick populate text fields of original .asp like this:

if(self.opener){
if(!self.opener.closed){
var myform
myform = self.opener.document.form1;

myform.txtSummary.value=document.calform.txtSummary.value;

Once text fields in parent .asp are populated - user clicks "submit"
and this .asp POSTs to yet another .asp . I'm not worried about that
part, I just need to populate those text fields from my .aspx
Sorry I didn't mention it in question, just thought it will be
confusing. Anyway, I basically need the reversed version of this
functionality: my .aspx must be the parent of .asp window.

Does this make any sense?
Thanks.