One more question on POST from .aspx to .asp

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by nsitnikov@gmail.com, Aug 9, 2005.

  1. Guest

    Hi guys,
    I have seen some similar topics, but couldn't find one that would match
    my situation.

    I have .asp page that has pretty standard setup, bunch of text fields
    on a form. However, I can't change ANYTHING on it, it's available to me
    in read-only mode, so I can only see names of text fields, functions
    etc.

    I need to write .aspx page (without any server-side scripting, this
    page will reside on Sharepoint) that will have text fields and a button
    on it. When this button gets clicked - the above .asp page opens in a
    new window, and text fields from my .aspx get POSTed into text fields
    on .asp . I can't use GET, cause .asp page doesn't have variables to
    read from Querystring.

    Any suggestions? Is it doable at all? Should I forget about it and get
    another job?

    Thank you in advance.
    , Aug 9, 2005

  2. Marina Guest

    You can write your asp.net page to behave just as asp does. Just don't use
    code behind, and code it the way you would asp, set the form's action, etc.

    Marina, Aug 9, 2005

    If I make my form on .aspx page to have action="... .asp" page, I will
    have to change .asp first to process request.form, is this correct?
    And that's exactly what I'm not allowed to do.
    , Aug 9, 2005
  4. Curt_C [MVP] Guest

    wrote:
    > If I make my form on .aspx page to have action="... .asp" page, I will
    > have to change .asp first to process request.form, is this correct?
    > And that's exactly what I'm not allowed to do.

    What is the .asp using to read the values if you arent allowed to use
    Request.QueryString() nor Request.Form() ??????

    --
    Curt Christianson
    site: http://www.darkfalz.com
    Curt_C [MVP], Aug 9, 2005

    This .asp has its own popups (which are .asp's also) that are called
    through choosing one of several radio buttons. These popups have
    buttons that OnClick populate text fields of original .asp like this:

    if(self.opener){
    if(!self.opener.closed){
    var myform
    myform = self.opener.document.form1;

    myform.txtSummary.value=document.calform.txtSummary.value;

    Once text fields in parent .asp are populated - user clicks "submit"
    and this .asp POSTs to yet another .asp . I'm not worried about that
    part, I just need to populate those text fields from my .aspx
    Sorry I didn't mention it in question, just thought it will be
    confusing. Anyway, I basically need the reversed version of this
    functionality: my .aspx must be the parent of .asp window.

    Does this make any sense?
    Thanks.
    , Aug 9, 2005