One more quick calendar question

Guest

document.GetElementByID(thiscalendarcontrol_ID).selecteddate doesn't grab the
selected date from the given calendar (client-side), nor does .value or
..test. What's the magic syntax? I'm seeing some google search results that
say this can't be done with the Calendar control?!

tia,
Sue

Craig Deelsnyder

document.GetElementByID(thiscalendarcontrol_ID).selecteddate doesn't
grab the
selected date from the given calendar (client-side), nor does .value or
.test. What's the magic syntax? I'm seeing some google search results
that
say this can't be done with the Calendar control?!

tia,
Sue

The calendar isn't really a control as far as DOM/javascript is
concerned. It's really just a table with a bunch of links. To use
getElementById, a tag has to have an id= set, which nothing inside the
calendar table does. Take a look at the HTML and you'll see what I mean.
If you have a pre-selected date, you'll notice there are some styles set
on it according to the formatting specified for the look of your
calendar. You could try to parse the innerHtml of the calendar table with
regex or something, I guess.

Guest

Sigh. That's not what I wanted to hear. Thanks for the info - at least I can
stop chasing my tail. Guess I'll have to look outside of MS for this one...

Sue