OnError

sid

I am writing a webpage that loads another frame. I have written a
routine to trap the "OnLoad" event and test to see if the page I
wanted to be loaded was what was loaded.

But, that only works if the server responds. If the server does not
respond you end with a "Action Cancelled" page with the small print
"Internet Explorer was unable to link to the ...".

This page does not file the OnLoad event or the OnError event.
Can someone tell me what event it does fire or how to trap it ?

Thanks

Sid.

-Lost

sid said:
I am writing a webpage that loads another frame. I have written a
routine to trap the "OnLoad" event and test to see if the page I
wanted to be loaded was what was loaded.

But, that only works if the server responds. If the server does not
respond you end with a "Action Cancelled" page with the small print
"Internet Explorer was unable to link to the ...".

This page does not file the OnLoad event or the OnError event.
Can someone tell me what event it does fire or how to trap it ?

Do you mean an iframe or a regular frame? Either way, check for content
in that frame. If you find the content you seek, your content has
loaded. If not, it did not.

sid

Do you mean an iframe or a regular frame? Either way, check for content
in that frame. If you find the content you seek, your content has
loaded. If not, it did not.

I wanted to find another solution other than polling.

I can't seem to find an event that it fires when the server does not
respond.

Any help is appreciated.

Eli.