Online Debugging

Yansky

I'm trying to debug a script on my server and it's taking forever
using print to find the error. I've tried to use the debugging
examples on this page http://webpython.codepoint.net/debugging but
they don't seem to be working for me.

Is there an easier/better way to debug online scripts? I was hoping
there might be something similar to php where it gives some error info
and the line code.

Cheers.

Eddie Corns

Yansky said:
I'm trying to debug a script on my server and it's taking forever
using print to find the error. I've tried to use the debugging
examples on this page http://webpython.codepoint.net/debugging but
they don't seem to be working for me.
Is there an easier/better way to debug online scripts? I was hoping
there might be something similar to php where it gives some error info
and the line code.

One simple method might be something along these lines:

http://aspn.activestate.com/ASPN/Cookbook/Python/Recipe/52215

which I came across yesterday.

Eddie

Gabriel Genellina

I'm trying to debug a script on my server and it's taking forever
using print to find the error. I've tried to use the debugging
examples on this page http://webpython.codepoint.net/debugging but
they don't seem to be working for me.

Is there an easier/better way to debug online scripts? I was hoping
there might be something similar to php where it gives some error info
and the line code.

....and that's what the cgitb module does, among other things.
Why do you say it doesn't work for you?