OnStartPage Error in ASP Compatability Mode

Guest

I am trying to migrate a .net 1.1 Web Application to a 2.0 Web Application.
I am experiencing issues when putting a strongly typed dataset into session,
and then navigation to a page where aspcompat is set to "true".

I can reproduce the problem by creating a brand new web site project in
VS2005, and creating a new page where I set aspcompat=true. Then i create a
new named dataset class in solution explorer. I add an instance of this name
dataset to session on the Page Load of my new page, then when I post back or
refresh the page I get the error: "An error was encountered while calling
OnStartPage in ASP compatibility mode."

If I create the same project in VS2003 and run that web application against
the .NET 2.0 Framework in IIS, I experience the same issue.

Does anyone have any insight on how to resolve the problem. I need to have
ASP Compatability enabled for legacy COM support. And adding a strongly
typed dataset to session is a necessity as well.

Thanks in Advance.

David