Open a link using Excel

Bepy

Hi,

I'm using the following to open a file:
<META HTTP-EQUIV="refresh" content="0;URL=xxx">

The problem is that the xxx file is an Excel file but with no extension.
How can I tell to web server that its meta data is
application/vnd.ms-excel ?

I know I've to use content-type, but I don't know how to integrate it in
the previous tag.

TIA !

Jonathan N. Little

Bepy said:
Hi,

I'm using the following to open a file:
<META HTTP-EQUIV="refresh" content="0;URL=xxx">

The problem is that the xxx file is an Excel file but with no extension.
How can I tell to web server that its meta data is
application/vnd.ms-excel ?

I know I've to use content-type, but I don't know how to integrate it in
the previous tag.

Easy! Don't do it that way. Serve with a link!

<head>
<title>Better Way</title>
</head>

The proper way to do it, get the Excel
with a link!

Toby Inkster

Bepy said:
How can I tell to web server that its meta data is
application/vnd.ms-excel ?

Different web servers provide different mechanisms. Apache (the most
commonly used web server) has a "DefaultType" directive, which may be
included in your main server configuration files or in a '.htaccess'
file.