    I know I've to use content-type, but I don't know how to integrate it in
    the previous tag.

    TIA !

    Bepy, Nov 28, 2006

  2. Bepy wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I'm using the following to open a file:
    > <META HTTP-EQUIV="refresh" content="0;URL=xxx">
    >
    > The problem is that the xxx file is an Excel file but with no extension.
    > How can I tell to web server that its meta data is
    > application/vnd.ms-excel ?
    >

    > I know I've to use content-type, but I don't know how to integrate it in
    > the previous tag.

    Easy! Don't do it that way. Serve with a link!

    <head>
    <title>Better Way</title>
    </head>

    The proper way to do it, get the Excel
    with a link!

    --
    Take care,

    Jonathan
    -------------------
    LITTLE WORKS STUDIO
    http://www.LittleWorksStudio.com

    Jonathan N. Little, Nov 28, 2006

  3. Bepy

    Toby Inkster Guest

    Bepy wrote:

    > How can I tell to web server that its meta data is
    > application/vnd.ms-excel ?

    Different web servers provide different mechanisms. Apache (the most
    commonly used web server) has a "DefaultType" directive, which may be
    included in your main server configuration files or in a '.htaccess'
    file.

    --
    Toby A Inkster BSc (Hons) ARCS

    Toby Inkster, Nov 28, 2006