    user type in the username and password and click on the login button I
    want to close the login.aspx page and goto the Menu.aspx page. How do
    i do this. I am using vb.net. Thank you in advance for your help.

    id10t error, Jan 30, 2008

  2. If you are with asp.net 2.0 or greater, look at the Login control. It can
    handle many if not all of your login needs. Property DestinationPageUrl
    specifies where to proceed on successful login.

    --
    Eliyahu Goldin,
    Software Developer

    Eliyahu Goldin, Jan 30, 2008

  3. id10t error

    Aidy Guest

    Response.Redirect ("Menu.aspx")

    Aidy, Jan 30, 2008
  4. id10t error

    id10t error Guest

    On Jan 30, 10:22 am, "Eliyahu Goldin"
    <> wrote:
    > If you are with asp.net 2.0 or greater, look at the Login control. It can
    > handle many if not all of your login needs. Property DestinationPageUrl
    > specifies where to proceed on successful login.
    >
    > --
    > Eliyahu Goldin,
    > Software Developer
    > Microsoft MVP [ASP.NET]http://msmvps.com/blogs/egoldinhttp://usableasp.net
    >
    > "id10t error" <> wrote in message

    > > Hello,

    > > I have a login that will be the first page the user sees. Once the
    > > user type in the username and password and click on the login button I
    > > want to close the login.aspx page and goto the Menu.aspx page. How do
    > > i do this. I am using vb.net. Thank you in advance for your help.- Hide quoted text -

    Thank you for your help Aidy.

    Eliyahu,

    I did look at the login control. It had alot more information then i
    needed. Plus I was not sure how to make it look at a database file to
    match the username and password. Once I get more time I will look at
    this control but it was easy enough to make on myself with a few
    textboxes. I am not going to let the user change there password.

    id10t error, Jan 30, 2008