Open page in new window

Bechtle

Hi googlers

I'm creating a portal on MS Office Portal Server. Unfortunaterly
there's no way to open a link of the navigation in a new window.

Now I'm trying to create a homepage with a webpart which contains a
forwarding to a homepage. The page has to be opened in a new window.
Unfortunately I don't know JavaScript, please help me :)

I found in the internet some solutions, but I can't understand
everything. At the moment my code looks like that:

<script type="text/javascript">
function OpenWin (Adresse) {
Fenster1 = window.open("http://localhost/asp", "testlink.htm");
Fenster1.focus();

}

</script>
</head>
link in new window</a>

Path of the file is: C:\inetpub\wwwroot\asp\weiterleitung.htm
localhost is C:\inetpub\wwwroot

what's wrong?

Thanks a lot for your help

Regards
Michael

Bechtle

the definition i know on de.selfhtml.org doesn't work. Can you link me
a definition or a site where i can find definitions?

thanks

Michael

Evertjan.

Bechtle wrote on 26 jan 2006 in comp.lang.javascript:
the definition i know on de.selfhtml.org doesn't work. Can you link me
a definition or a site where i can find definitions?

Please quote what you are replying to.

"Reply" link at the bottom of the article. Click on "show options" at the
top of the article, then click on the "Reply" at the bottom of the article
headers.

=================

window.open('http://myCom.com/myFile.html')

window.open('http://myCom.com/myFile.html','myWindow','height=100,etc')

Randy Webb

Evertjan. said the following on 1/26/2006 6:08 AM:
Bechtle wrote on 26 jan 2006 in comp.lang.javascript:

Please quote what you are replying to.

"Reply" link at the bottom of the article. Click on "show options" at the
top of the article, then click on the "Reply" at the bottom of the article
headers.

=================

window.open('http://myCom.com/myFile.html')

window.open('http://myCom.com/myFile.html','myWindow','height=100,etc')

You forgot the third one, which is the one the OP is using. There is
nothing that says the third parameter is required.

window.open('http://myCom.com/myFile.html','myWindow')

There *is* a problem with the second parameter having a period in it though.

To the OP:

function OpenWin (Adresse) {
Fenster1 = window.open("http://localhost/asp", "testlink.htm");
Fenster1.focus();

You never use the parameter you pass to the function.

Fenster1 = window.open(Adresse, "windowName");

The second parameter to window.open is the window name. IE will fold up
on you if it has a period in it.