Open Source library for Data validation and Mapping using XML config file

Discussion in 'Java' started by CompGrmmR, Nov 17, 2004.

  1. CompGrmmR

    CompGrmmR Guest

    Hi folks,

    I am looking for a way to do validation and data mapping by picking up
    the validation rules and mapping rules from an XML config file.

    I want to do this so that I dont have to recompile the code if there
    are any changes in validation/mapping for the values.

    Hence I am looking for some open source utility(like Apache Commons
    package)
    to do the foll : -

    1) Validate a set of data (say from a msg over the n/w) based on the
    rules in an XML config file
    2) Map this data to a value as specified in an XML config file (i.e to
    form a java object with the correct mapped values)

    For part 1) there is already Apache Commons Validator, but I cannot
    use it for mapping the data to a particular value from an XML config
    file..

    Could you pls suggest any open source library I could use to
    accomplish the above? Also, any other ideas are welcome..

    Thanks
    CompGrmmR, Nov 17, 2004