OpenFileDialog vs Javascript

Zagor

Hi All,
I was wondering if it is possible to use(if it will work) the OpenFileDialog
class in ASP.NET. Currently I am using the classic javascript

but I have I need to customize the browse button.

Does anyone knows some good source of information?
Thank you for your time.
Frank

Kevin Spencer

I was wondering if it is possible to use(if it will work) the
OpenFileDialog
class in ASP.NET. Currently I am using the classic javascript

An OpenFileDialog is not an HTML element. Everything in an ASPX page on the
client is an HTML element.

http://w3c.org/

--
HTH,
Kevin Spencer

Hans Kesting

Zagor said:
Hi All,
I was wondering if it is possible to use(if it will work) the
OpenFileDialog class in ASP.NET. Currently I am using the classic
javascript

On the client-side (where OpenFileDialog works), it's just plain old HTML
plus some javascript. The server-side technology ASP.Net doesn't really add
functionality there (it works on non-MS and non-.Net browsers).

So just use your old javascript version.

Hans Kesting

Patrice

Customize ?

You could hide the button and trigger the click event on this button using
your own button. IMO much work for something not that usefull as it make
sense to have a standard button here.

Of course, client side ASP.NET doesn''t have meaning ie you are still with
what HTML offers...

Other than that you could use an activex or dotnet control if you really
need something better than the input type=file tag.

Patrice