OpenFileDialog?

Jan

Hi,

I am looking for a control that is similar to OpenFileDialog in Windows
forms for an ASP.NET web form. So when I click on a browser button, this
control can pop up for the user to open a file. Please give directions.
Thanks.

Jan

Kevin Spencer

What do you mean by "open a file?" A file is opened by some application.
What are you planning to do with the file?

--
HTH,

Kevin Spencer
Microsoft MVP
..Net Developer
http://www.takempis.com
Big Things are made up of
Lots of Little Things.

Kevin Spencer

Sorry for the confusion. I meant "select a file". So when a user clicks on

Again, if you select a file, you plan to do something with it. What would
that be?

--
HTH,

Kevin Spencer
Microsoft MVP
..Net Developer
http://www.takempis.com
Big Things are made up of
Lots of Little Things.

Mark

Would using the HTML control 'File Upload' work?

Jan said:
I want to save the selected image file to database.

clicks
on

Again, if you select a file, you plan to do something with it. What would
that be?

--
HTH,

Kevin Spencer
Microsoft MVP
.Net Developer
http://www.takempis.com
Big Things are made up of
Lots of Little Things.
clicks
on
button, a dialog box (which I don't know if there is such a control
for
web

David

Hi,

I am looking for a control that is similar to OpenFileDialog in Windows
forms for an ASP.NET web form. So when I click on a browser button, this
control can pop up for the user to open a file. Please give directions.

<input type="file" />

This is standard HTML, the browser will pop up an open-file dialog box
when the user clicks on the browse button, and then will submit the file
contents along with the form. How to handle it on the server side
depends a bit on what you're planning to do with the uploaded file.

Kevin Spencer

I want to save the selected image file to database.

Aha! In other words, you want to upload the file to the server, and save it
to a database. The HTML "input type=file" element is designed to do that.
There is also a .Net HtmlInputFile Control that you can use for this. Here
is alink to an article that describes the HtmlInputFile Control and how to
use it:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/d...s/cpgenref/html/cpconhtmlinputfilecontrol.asp

--
HTH,

Kevin Spencer
Microsoft MVP
..Net Developer
http://www.takempis.com
Big Things are made up of
Lots of Little Things.

Jan said:
I want to save the selected image file to database.

clicks
on

Again, if you select a file, you plan to do something with it. What would
that be?

--
HTH,

Kevin Spencer
Microsoft MVP
.Net Developer
http://www.takempis.com
Big Things are made up of
Lots of Little Things.
clicks
on
button, a dialog box (which I don't know if there is such a control
for
web

Jan

Duh! I just noticed the html control File Field...