Opening a save as dialog

RuthG

I want to have allow the user to choose a directory and file name for
saving a pdf file. I'm using Crystal and I just want to pass it the
path and file name. I can't use the input type=file as far as I can
see because it's not an upload and the file doesn't exist. I don't
want to save the web page, so I don't want to execute the "SaveAs"
command. All I want is some way to show the save as dialog and save
the file name in a text box. Is there some way to do this in
Javascript? If not, is there a free download of a save as dialog.