opening and saving files

ton

Hi,

I will let users open a file on my server. I want them to allow them to make
changes. How can these changes be saved on the server?

For the textbox I've defined a doubleclick event like
textbox1.Attributes("ondblclick") = "window.open('" & filename "')"

It opens the word or sql file, no problem.

But how can the file be saved on the server? Local Save is not a problem,
because the file save asks for a location locally. But that is not what I
want.
How can I do this

thanx

ton

Guest

Hi,

I will let users open a file on my server. I want them to allow them to make
changes. How can these changes be saved on the server?

For the textbox I've defined a  doubleclick event like
textbox1.Attributes("ondblclick") = "window.open('" & filename "')"

It opens the word or sql file, no problem.

But how can the file be saved on the server? Local Save is not a problem,
because the file save asks for a location locally. But that is not what I
want.
How can I do this

thanx

ton

Internet:

FileUpload
FTP
WebDAV

Intranet:

all above
shared drive

I believe, you wanted a FIleUpload. This is acontrol enables you to
upload file from local drive to the server.

Find more:
http://www.dotnet-webhosting.com/aspnet-2-0-tutorials/asp-net-2-0-fileupload.aspx
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&rls=com.microsoft:en-US&q=FileUpload+asp.net&btnG=Search

ton

thank you

I'll try this

ton

"Anon User" <> schreef in bericht
[...]

i've tried the fileupload control, but it does not work in the modalpopup
extender. Is there another solution, to keep it simpel using standard ajax
controls. I'm still working in vs2005, and will move to vs2008 in a couple
of months so if someone knows that the fileupload control works with ajax in
vs2008, please let me know. Or if anyone got a smart and simple solution, to
develope in vb don't hesitate and post.

[...]

"Anon User" <[email protected]> schreef in bericht

Internet:

FileUpload
FTP
WebDAV

Intranet:

all above
shared drive

I believe, you wanted a FIleUpload. This is acontrol enables you to
upload file from local drive to the server.

Find more:http://www.dotnet-webhosting.com/as...search?hl=en&rls=com.microsoft:en-US&q=FileUp...

Look at the following post
http://geekswithblogs.net/rashid/archive/2007/08/01/Create-An-Ajax-Style-File-Upload.aspx

Hope this helps