Opening Internet explorer wihtout the nav bar etc.

ASD

Hi

Is this doable:
I have a shortcut on my desctop that points to web location. When a
user clicks on it the Internet explorer opens the web location but
without the navigation bar status,location bar address bar, but with
resize handlers.
Ok, if this cannot be done is there a javascirpt that can imediatly
remove this when the page is called?

Thanks!!

Lasse Reichstein Nielsen

Is this doable:
I have a shortcut on my desctop that points to web location. When a
user clicks on it the Internet explorer opens the web location but
without the navigation bar status,location bar address bar, but with
resize handlers.

Maybe if the extension is .hta, i.e., an HTML application.
Look it up.

Ofcourse, it requires the user to have Internet Explorer. And a
desktop. :)
Ok, if this cannot be done is there a javascirpt that can imediatly
remove this when the page is called?

No. You can't change the composition of an existing window, only new
windows.

/L

Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn

Lasse said:
No. You can't change the composition of an existing window, only new
windows.

Depends on the DOM. In the Gecko DOM of Mozilla/5.0 you can access
properties of properties of window to manipulate the GUI:

window.menubar.visible
window.toolbar.visible
window.locationbar.visible
window.personalbar.visible
window.statusbar.visible
window.directories.visible

By assigning `true' to the property, the respective GUI element is
shown, otherwise it is hidden. Nobody wants to do this on a Web site
without asking the visitor first, of course.

PointedEars