Operation must use an updateable query

Jack

Hi,
I am getting the above error when I am trying to execute a asp page which
writes to a database. I am aware of the fact that the problem is due to lack
of IUSR_MACHINE name account permission in the folder containing the mdb
file.

Now, I am trying to add this account and its permisson to the folder where I
have the mdb file. I am running a local web server.
The following error message is poping up when I try to add IUSR_DOJHLNBCC-021
(the machine name I confirmed from a local version of sql server running) :
An object named IUSR_DOJHLNBCC-021 cannot be found. Check the selected
object types and locations for accuracy and ensure that you have type the
object name correctly. Any help is highly appreciated. Thanks.

Ray Costanzo [MVP]

If your computer is in a domain, the default search location when entering
usernames is the domain. That account is a local account. Instead of
typing IUSR_DOJHLNBCC-021 as the username in the dialog box, select one of
these options:

1. Click Locations... - Change your location to DOJHLNBCC-021

2. Enter a fully qualified username: DOJHLNBCC-021\IUSER_DOJHLNBCC-021

3. At a command prompt (cmd.exe) enter
cacls "C:\Path\With\MDB\File" /e /t /g
DOJHLNBCC-021\IUSER_DOJHLNBCC-021:F

Ray at work

Jack

Ray, this was a just huge help. It worked. I am in a domain and had no idea
as to how to handle this. Thanks again.