    just been to a site that runs their desktops at 640x480 and has come back
    with a load of comments about how rubbish it all looks. It was all great
    until he went to this site and now it's all "we need to do something about".

    =?Utf-8?B?Q2hyaXMgUG9kbW9yZQ==?=, Dec 10, 2004

  2. The only solution I can figure out is to create two copy of the page, e.g
    page1.htm for 640x480 and page2.htm for 800x600.

    Then everytime you load the page, you check the client screen resolution
    from a javascript and load the correct page.

    May be anybody else have a better solutions?

    weichung

    weichung[MCSD,MCDBA], Dec 10, 2004

  3. I think this really comes down to pleasing your client base... at my
    company we've made a decision that we just don't support anybody with a
    lower resolution than 800x600... and probably soon the requirement will
    be 1024x768.

    If your client base absolutely cannot upgrade, then you may have to redo
    everything... which sounds like a really nasty chore with no good way to
    handle it.

    Personally, I'd push that whoever is running machines that friggin old
    that are stuck at 640x480... whew... time to upgrade!

    I mean, I imagine you aren't still supporting netscape 3.0 or IE3 customers.

    Lowell

    Lowell Heddings, Dec 10, 2004
  4. Agree. But what can do? this is the client requirement.

    weichung[MCSD,MCDBA], Dec 10, 2004
  5. This link will give u some better ideas.

    http://webdesign.about.com/od/webdesign/a/aa080904.htm

    Regards,
    Jignesh Desai.

    Jignesh Desai, Dec 10, 2004
  6. Thanks to everyone who replied. I think we only have a couple of clients
    running at 640x480. The one client that is pushing for 640x480 only has one
    person running at 640 resolution but unfortunately he is their MD and has the
    final say. He's also running XP Pro.

    Everything had been does for 800x600 until my boss visited this client.

    Chris.

    =?Utf-8?B?Q2hyaXMgUG9kbW9yZQ==?=, Dec 10, 2004
  7. =?Utf-8?B?Q2hyaXMgUG9kbW9yZQ==?=

    SA Guest

    This is probably a little OT, but he's running XP Pro in 640x480? Someone
    should just show him how to increase the resolution.

    Can't imagine he doesn't have any issues with other soft...

    ---

    Sven.

    > Thanks to everyone who replied. I think we only have a couple of clients
    > running at 640x480. The one client that is pushing for 640x480 only has

    one
    > person running at 640 resolution but unfortunately he is their MD and has

    the
    > final say. He's also running XP Pro.
    >
    > Everything had been does for 800x600 until my boss visited this client.
    >
    > Chris.
    >
    > "Jignesh Desai" wrote:
    >
    > > This link will give u some better ideas.
    > >
    > > http://webdesign.about.com/od/webdesign/a/aa080904.htm
    > >
    > > Regards,
    > > Jignesh Desai.
    > >
    > > "Chris Podmore" <> wrote in

    message

    SA, Dec 10, 2004
  8. He is "as blind as a bat" or so I'm told. He is running in 640x480 with very
    large font and won't use any of the Accessibility features. I don't know,
    he's a customer, what can I say...

    =?Utf-8?B?Q2hyaXMgUG9kbW9yZQ==?=, Dec 10, 2004