Oracle Express DB connection URL in Eclipse 3.2 via Database Profile - how?

ddog

Hi,
I'm trying to connect to a newly downloaded and installed Oracle 10g
Express database via MyEclipse. I need to define a connection URL. The
name of the database I want to connect
to is 'HR' (the sample that comes with the installation). The username
is 'SYSTEM' and the password is 'wgb1454'. I'm assuming the driver is a
'thin' driver (see the URL below). The driver's
package is oracle.jdbc.OracleDriver found in the ojdbc14.jar.

jdbc:eek:racle:thin@//localhost:1521:HR,SYSTEM,wgb1454

I'm also unable to connect via port 8080. The database is up and
running. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Manish Pandit

Not sure why you are trying to connect via port 8080. Assuming you
installed oracle with defaults, the port will be 1521. Try this:

DriverManager.registerDriver (new oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver());

Connection conn = DriverManager.getConnection
("jdbc:eek:racle:thin:mad:localhost:1521:hr", "system",
"wgb1454");

System.out.println("Connected ? " + (conn != null ));