    </ol>
    , Apr 5, 2006

  2. Steve Pugh Guest

    wrote:

    > I simply want a numbered list to display within a table cell. Ive tried
    > the code below. Always shows bullets. Ive even tried setting the
    > list-style-type css property to 1 for each li item.

    1 is not an allowed value for that property, set it to decimal instead.
    And setting it for the ol rather than for each li would probably be
    more efficient.

    > It always shows
    > bullets. When I do this in a rather complex html page it doesnt work,
    > but when i just do this in a very simple html page that just shows this
    > it shows the numbers. Why does it not show a numbered list? Doesnt work
    > in ie or firefox.
    >
    > <ol>
    > <li>text text</li>
    > <li>text text</li>
    > </ol>

    Obviously the "rather complex html page" is factor in why it doesn't
    work, so unless you can provide a URL we can only guess what's wrong.

    Steve
    Steve Pugh, Apr 5, 2006

  3. JDS Guest

    JDS, Apr 5, 2006
  4. Toby Inkster Guest

    andynagai wrote:

    > I simply want a numbered list to display within a table cell. Ive tried
    > the code below. Always shows bullets.

    Somewhere out there in your CSS you've got:

    LI { list-style: something; }

    or something like that. *NEVER* set "list-style" or the related CSS
    properties on LI elements: set it on UL or OL elements instead.

    (Unless you know what you're doing.)

    --
    Toby A Inkster BSc (Hons) ARCS
    Toby Inkster, Apr 5, 2006