ORM's are evil. Was: Mechanize/ClientForm - How to selectIgnoreControl button and submit form

Discussion in 'Python' started by Brian D, Dec 24, 2009.

  1. Brian D

    Brian D Guest

    Just kidding. That was a fascinating discussion.

    Now I'd like to see if anyone would rather procrastinate than finish
    last-minute shopping.

    This problem remains untouched. Anyone want to give it a try? Please?

    I'm hoping to implement a project that will be historically
    transformational by mapping inequalities in property assessments.

    I'm stuck at step one: Scrape data from http://www.opboa.org.

    The site uses a bunch of hidden controls.

    I can't find a way to get past the initial disclaimer page because the
    "Accept" button value reads as None: <IgnoreControl(btAgree=<None>)>
    http://www.opboa.org/Search/Disclaimer2.aspx

    I've successfully used Mechanize in two other projects, but I've never
    seen this IgnoreControl problem before. I also haven't found any
    ClientForm examples that handle this problem.

    Would anyone like to help me get this off the ground?

    Thanks!

    Brian D, Dec 24, 2009

  2. Brian D

    Brian D Guest

    On Dec 24, 8:20 am, Brian D <> wrote:
    > Just kidding. That was a fascinating discussion.
    >
    > Now I'd like to see if anyone would rather procrastinate than finish
    > last-minute shopping.
    >
    > This problem remains untouched. Anyone want to give it a try? Please?
    >
    > I'm hoping to implement a project that will be historically
    > transformational by mapping inequalities in property assessments.
    >
    > I'm stuck at step one: Scrape data fromhttp://www.opboa.org.
    >
    > The site uses a bunch of hidden controls.
    >
    > I can't find a way to get past the initial disclaimer page because the
    > "Accept" button value reads as None: <IgnoreControl(btAgree=<None>)>http://www.opboa.org/Search/Disclaimer2.aspx
    >
    > I've successfully used Mechanize in two other projects, but I've never
    > seen this IgnoreControl problem before. I also haven't found any
    > ClientForm examples that handle this problem.
    >
    > Would anyone like to help me get this off the ground?
    >
    > Thanks!

    Problem solved.

    I used the Fiddler Request Builder to discover that the server wanted
    a GET request containing the ASP.NET __EVENTTARGET, __EVENTARGUMENT,
    and __VIEWSTATE parameters.

    Brian D, Dec 24, 2009