os.system, IIS6.0

David Duerrenmatt

Hi there

Since we migrated from Windows 2000 Server to Windows 2003 Server, we
encountered some problems with the Python scripts calling os.system().
They either copy files (permissions on files properly set) or run local
programs. While using Win 2K, everything was alright. I assume, it's
caused by stronger security settings for the IUSR-Account (the programs
do their work if they are run from the command prompt by the system
administrator).

Does anybody know how to change the permissions of the IUSR account to
allow the execution of system commands or external programs? Or is it
another issue which creates these problems?

Some system details:
- Windows 2003 Web Edition
- IIS 6.0
- Python 1.5.2 (has to be this outdated version because of pyd files
which depend on Python15.dll)

Thanks
dave